[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

Yep
Nobody could be more greedy.

3 Likes

Download it through a extension like BTRoblox.

1 Like

so like animations only being private, sounds are gonna be private too? a lot of games are gonna breakā€¦ powering imagination.

2 Likes

This is completely going to ruin most of my games in terms of sounds, I would like to see a bigger category of sounds due to this. Roblox, why canā€™t you just work with creators with music in their games or people making music?

3 Likes

Many devs have to upload more than 100 audio files on roblox and actually care about their privacy + uploading them could be a huge issue because we all know the current state of the moderation

3 Likes

I mean its a good idea but wont old games that defined Roblox that are too old to be updated or the creator have been inactive for a long time just turn on becoming a silent/quiet game? Sure the sound that are 6 second less sounds would be safe but it would feel quite empty playing nostalgic games lacking sounds that we were used to.

Roblox after they release the update:

14 Likes

Yeah like imagine if they send this video out of nowhere

It would be the epicest troll in history

Anyone know a good tutorial for porting Roblox games to the Godot Engine? :smirk:

6 Likes

If the creator of an audio sets it to public, it will work in ANY games, right?

i can understand why roblox did this, but iā€™m not cool with the under 6 seconds audio, like my game HAS to have custom music

1 Like

As it stands, no. Roblox is currently destroying all form of user to user audio sharing. Access is removed for everybody, regardless if you marked the audio for copying.

3 Likes

That is pretty much the main problem many of us have with this update.

The ability to make audios public will be temporairly removed, but yes once its back on this will be the case

1 Like

This update should ABSOLUTELY NOT BE FORCED until you give us tools to share OUR ASSETS with other developers and games.

This is absolutely unacceptable.

7 Likes

The idea sounds very good but the execution is really bad.
One of the worst updates I have ever seen on Roblox.

Instead of helping developers, this hurts them. Think about thousands of developers that spent Robux uploading tons of music to Roblox only for them to not be able to use them in their group games.
Not only that, think about developers who used other developersā€™ music on their games as well.
Just think how many games this will break.

And now think about players who spent hundreds of Robux to upload their music to Roblox just to hear them on the games they like that had a radio gamepass. Now they will either be prompted to listen to what developers put inside their games or from the Roblox licensed catalog.

And now because the audio uploading is free, people are going to bypass songs like never before.
Plus, 10 audios A MONTH?? (No ID Verification/Premium) Do you have any idea how much slower this will make game developers upload their audios to Roblox??

This change needs to be reverted immediately. I have no idea how this got approved, but it seriously needs it.

4 Likes

I think the people in this forum saying that this is a good update is blinded by the fact that roblox said ā€œfree audio uploadsā€. All the wrong things about this FAR outweigh the pro. Terrible Update.

1 Like

Wait is it even possible to move over a game to Godot?

Reasonable compensations and changes but at a heavy cost, 2 weeks is far from whatā€™s needed to replace the large amounts of audio in games, specially war games which is my case.

I personally think that the deadline should be extended.

2 Likes

Really funny how all the people at the top are absolutely ā€œlovingā€ this update, and as you go further down the topic everybody starts to realize how bad this isā€¦

6 Likes