[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

Roblox:MakeDevsQuit(true)
6 Likes

Already 1,500 responses to this post. Roblox needs to see all of them and reconsider their choice. Worst update that I’ve ever seen, and I was around for the script moderation update, and price floor update.

11 Likes

The problem is, it wasn’t their choice, they were forced to by APM.

1 Like

“This topic will close 4 months after the last reply.” This topic isn’t ever going to close.

11 Likes

Good. Our eternal hatred for forced privatization shall be known forever!

1 Like

Not a fan, while it’s nice that audio uploading is free, it’s terrible that audio’s not uploaded by yourself, won’t work.

This is going to break so many games, 90% of audio used in our game is not made my me, and from the toolbox

:-1:

6 Likes

That was probably the best reply I’ve seen.

5 Likes

It’s ignorant to act like they couldn’t have at least explored using better automated copyright systems instead of out-right using the nuclear option. ROBLOX’s nuclear option is no surprise, though, as they do this with every little thing they have a problem with. Can’t moderate game comment sections? Delete 'em! Can’t moderate the forums well enough? Delete 'em! Can’t really trust users with videoframes? Put it in development hell, but give it to 10 people!

6 Likes

If any Roblox staff member is looking at these comments, please listen to us! It’s extremely clear from the over 1500 replies (and counting) that developers do not want and do not like this update. The actions you have done (or will be doing to be more accurate) are only harming developers. We understand corporations put you between a rock and a hard place, but this really feels like the nuclear approach.

6 Likes

True. Ig I was kinda wrong but

LIVE LONG THE UPDATE HATERS!

True.

1 Like

The thing is, there are 4 sides to this argument. people who think it’s good, people who hate it, people who think it’s APM’s fault, and obvious trolls seeking attention. this is what makes it so hard to talk about, everyone is disagreeing with each other.

3 Likes

the moderation queue for sounds is going to be so amazing after this update

2 Likes

Hey guys! I just found out that roblox wants us to leave the platform!!!

19 Likes

hop on the car, we’re leaving roblox now

3 Likes

Yes we understand that corporations put Roblox in a difficult place. And copyright is a really nasty thing. But It’s very clear that Roblox could have investigated other options before going with this nuclear option.
Read this (v)

Literately 1984!!! /j

1 Like

Change is obviously a necessary one, however annoying that it will be to work around.
Might be a good idea to be more clear on the system in place that allows accounts to use other audios uploaded by different accounts, a whitelist system would likely solve this as no one can whitelist everyone, perhaps limit it to one or two users?

More information needs to be given out in a statement, we can’t just predict how we will work around this with our games and wait and see, we need information now.
We also need a more clear and cut way to increase the limit for accounts, our game utillizes a lot of audio and most of falls under creative commons with a free license, some of it does not; i understand why games should not use audio that does not, yet having a way to actually access audio that was uploaded under creative commons by another user seems very imperative to many games.

6 Likes

This is actually fine… if they gave us more than 2 weeks!! People have a life.

Change is okay I guess and free audio is fine.

We’re getting on the magic Unity bus!

6 Likes

Nah we getting on game maker magic bus yay!!

2 Likes

what

4 Likes