[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

I hope there will be a way to see how many of the 100 audio’s you have left each month.
In case you’re getting close to reaching over 100 uploads.
Nvm I do see it now.

1 Like

Yes, as most bypass audios I have seen fake the length often in the bypass stuff they do.

1 Like

to whatever you want! maybe unity, godot… who knows!

2 Likes

I wonder how long till they do this to decals :frowning:

4 Likes

It’s been a nice whole day watching this thread.

It’s good to see that the majority of people agree that this is a horrible change and needs to be reverted, or at the very least be modified to be a lot less damaging to the audio library.

I at least hope that we get a reply to this. It would be a shame to let this thread, now sitting at ~1550 replies, be completely ignored because 4 people said it was a good change.

12 Likes

I think you have to make it available for everyone if you want to use it on your main. However, They said we will be unable to do that for temporarily so unless you wait to be able to do that, you have to reupload it on your main.

It’s usually former accelerators/people who have worked with Roblox that are the only ones that have positive thoughts about this update. Don’t be fooled, no one asked for it and no one appreciates it.

4 Likes

I was initially upset about having to go back to past projects to make these changes, but the free audio is actually really nice. I think it really does make developing a lot more easy to get into as most people I told about paying to upload sounds were pretty surprised that was even a thing.

2 Likes

Imagine if they add the upload limit to decals too.

Now imagine you’re uploading frames of a GIF such as a loading spinning circle animation.

You’d have to wait like 2 months to upload a third of the animation.

6 Likes

That’s my biggest fear honestly. I wouldn’t be surprised if our overwhelming feedback is ignored because of the 5 or so “yes-men” who are stupidly praising these changes.

It’s literally anarchy at this point with the memes and all, nice to see the well-deserved backlash. Fun to watch.

7 Likes

WOOOO!!! There goes all the music i have in my game. Roblox turning my bad games even worse? Deaf people are now equal update? No more boombox? Epic.

7 Likes

roblox updates are only making things harder, i got 2014 models from a friend, and guess what? almost all scripts were broken, and updates are not making anything better

2 Likes

Reupload it if it ain’t copyrighted. Simple solution, really.

They can upload all the (terrible) stock audio they want, this update is still going to be awful and it really doesn’t help anyone without the ability to actually find audio relevant to them. The search feature on the website at large is extremely flawed especially on the audio side of things where you can’t even separate sound effects from music tracks.

1 Like

I have 2000 per 30 days and own a tycoon with 2.5 million visits and have devexed a few times if thats any help to you.

2 Likes

this update just restricts indie/solo developers even more now. expected to make their own audio too lol.

as disgusting as the audio searching was, it was still useful when making miniature passion projects. you know, to FUEL imagination. now i’ll have to search around on google looking for audio with no copyright AND that actually sounds good.

not to mention, with this change. this is just becoming a platform for companies now

1 Like

I have way over 10 audios in my game that I NEED to replace in less than 2 weeks.
I can only upload 10 audios per 30 days

see the issue?

It will not break the script it will just throw an error into the output when the game loads but the script will be fine as long as it doesn’t create the audio itself.

If you have DevEx’d before, you get 2,000 audio uploads per month I believe

The proper approach to creating a ‘GIF’ on Roblox is to create a spritesheet, a decal with several frames arranged like a grid on one image. You then use ImageRectOffset and ImageRectSize properties on an ImageLabel to display each frame sequentially. But let’s not further discuss this as the topic of this thread is audio privacy.

2 Likes