[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

Roblox is gonna to loose a loot of money because of that update, and maybe a loot of developers

1. IRL Cash → Robux → Catalog Items/Audios/Advertisments/Gamepasses
  2. Public Audios → Ussage to play music in games
  3. Radio Gamepasses → Robux → Money

and when will we be able to upload Videos on Roblox?

I really hope this doesn’t affect rbxasset:// audios…

i have absolutely no words for this update. none. i am baffled

on the bright side, these replies are fun to read

5 Likes

it won’t, models are still being leaked, and not all are taken down, it’s really easy to leak something via exploits, and roblox never resolved exploiting issues, just search something like “flybristol” or “leaked” or “lemonde”, most of these models (almost all) are leaked, and it will be with audios, it’s not that hard to steal an audio

Ah, the wonders of being forced to verify id. I see the problem, yeah…

3 Likes

This is a good compromise, if I have to pay to continue uploading audios before a full month passes I’ll be more than happy considering I’m not losing anything, only gaining by spending less.

1 Like

All in all this update is ridiculous, there isn’t even a point to it as people will just use exploits in order to make the sounds load again.

I don’t think that’s it. I’ve never DevEx’d before, yet I have 2000 uploads per month.
It seems almost random?

Huh - It’s probably some other factor, might look into it

the update needs to be cancelled or roblox should keep all current audios public, it’s really raw and i hope roblox will do so

Who told Roblox that lol. A ton of devs have stated that they will hit the limit and it will stifle their game’s progress.

3 Likes

This is probably going to be the worst change in Roblox history. Even worse than the removal of tix, the filter changes and even the 2018 audio copyright purge. I relied on the library for years for audio. To think I will now need to replace all those sounds in a mere two weeks. I really hope that the guys who make these changes think again and scrap the idea. Even sounds I uploaded “myself” will be effected due to my usage of alts and with me using group games. Even as a HR/owner the system will only allow the audio if the group itself owns the audio. Like I am now thinking to simply just quit developing, close my games and just see if Roblox can get any worse. To my fellow developers who agree with me. I’m calling for a boycott of Roblox.

3 Likes

i think it goes off how many visits you have on your games or they just give out a random limit maybe 10 maybe a 100 maybe 2k maybe a million i have a 2k limit i dont have premium i never used dev ex i only have a small game with almost 200k visits

I believe its joindate. Haven’t devex’d, no premium, id verified and I still have 2k per month [joined 2011]

1 Like

I do think the time has come for developers to more rigorously hold Roblox to account over things like this - it seems to be often forgotten that we are the ones who power the platform, and without our presence, Roblox is just a bland, corporate, and badly-coded mess that’s printing money for the top 1%.

I cannot understand how Roblox is able to keep pushing out updates that seem to have been designed with the purpose of deliberately breaking immersion within games and forcing manual intervention from developers.

It is outright horrifying that we are treated as unimportant and are not at all valued or considered by those who make the decisions about the platform today.

What happened to the Roblox of 2014, when players and developers alike were regarded just as highly as staff, when our feedback, our input was taken into account?

The answer, of course, is that the core ideals of profitability and greed have replaced the role and importance of internally and externally-informed decision making, leaving every major update to be thought up on the basis of one or more of the following:

• “How do we stand to make a profit from this?”
  • “How can we tie people into our ecosystem?”
  • “How can we make players personally identifiable and completely dependent on their individual accounts, so that single player removals are less noticeable and significant to the platform?”
  • “How can we better appeal to our donors and stockholders?”

You get the idea. The days of reasoning with, and reaching out to the playerbase are long gone here, and the significance of this is something we need to understand as developers going forward - we cannot afford to keep giving ROBLOX Corporation the benefit of the doubt, not least because they are functioning like any other big corporation and making decisions purely driven by a short-term survival instinct.

Indeed, I would actively go as far as to encourage people to cease buying any official Roblox products (Robux, Premium, Toys etc) with real-world money to hit them where it hurts and show that we will not take changes like this quietly or lying down.

And finally, I make an appeal to public-level Roblox staff reading this post - we understand these decisions are not made in your name, and are made by higher managerial bureaucracy, but please do make an effort at the very least to stand up and relay the fact that this can only go so far before people begin to leave the platform in droves for restricting their creativity and their freedoms. This is not an attack on you, it is an attack on an inconsiderate and soulless capitalist corporate mindset that has been pioneered likely by a very small number of individuals, unfortunately to effect masses of individuals negatively.

Thank you for reading.

22 Likes

I am quite a bit happy for this new update. It will at least put a stop to thieves stealing audio, meshes, and models that we struggle to protect from either people stealing directly from studio, or exploiters. Despite the fact there are many flaws with restrictions and people finding ways to continue to steal on this update, it will keep us struggling either way. Models need more protection, especially from exploiters leaking all the time.

How are alt account going to help? You will be able to only use audio that’s uploaded to your account.

2 Likes

That’s not true and can’t happen, exploiters don’t just move their non-existent magic wand and make things happen, especially when the server comes into play.

Anyways I hope the “pay to upload more” idea is considered, I personally won’t mind since I tend to upload audio assets frequently.

1 Like

True, but i shouldn’t have to do that in the first place

Use a group and set the alt as a HR.

1 Like