[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

That’s fair, but this could also lead to people reuploading copyrighted audio just so it could play in their games.

It’s a trade-off which I think could have been executed better

1 Like

Lets enjoy
https://www.roblox.com/games/1188096566/Club-DJ
and
https://www.roblox.com/games/187659887/Audio-Visualizer-beta-servers
before its too late ):

11 Likes

This is patheic. This change forces for 3 options when it comes to use for music in my game:

1. Use “royalty free” music which really sucks.
  2. Compose music myself (can’t do that)
  3. Pay someone to make OST for my game (i make no income, so i have no ways to pay people)

Thank you so much, roblox. Screwing over smaller developers as usual.

14 Likes

Unity looking pretty fine right now roblox, :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

7 Likes

:frowning: :expressionless:ㅤㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

i do not like this idea

2 Likes

I’m confused, do we need to remove the audio from our games because we’ll get banned or something? Or will our games just go silent because the audio wont work. Do we need to delete audios from our inventory too? Or only the ones we didn’t create.

2 Likes

Game will be silent and scripts that use sounds will error and break

6 Likes

So if you’re a group owner and use your own sounds in your group game they’re not allowed? How pleasant - I really hope this is an error, because this is awful

4 Likes

I really like that they’re forcing you to give them your ID just to get a increase on the limit, it really sounds sketchy and just stupid and makes absolutely no sense just to upload more audio. Haha good one Roblox, dont forget to take my sensetive data and sell it!!! :slight_smile:

13 Likes

That’s actually a way to avoid bots that would spam-upload audios.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised of they closed this topic.

10 Likes

Agreed here, im not going to hand them over my ID. I do not trust roblox with such personal data.

3 Likes

Why was this even needed, could you have not just made the radio free and then leave at that. With the way that Roblox is going I’m probably leaving the platform I feel like Roblox has lost that sense of community. It’s like the things that do need fixing don’t ever get fixed, but the things we don’t need fixing they do some dumb shit like this.

1 Like

12 Likes

I actually don’t know how I got 2,000 uploads… I’m a developer but I haven’t shown them my ID or anything. If anybody has an idea why, please tell me. This is confusing me too, lol. And to actually reply to @Abelfrejya I agree, it is very sketchy but it’s Roblox, they can’t be selling information or millions of people are ready to sue them.

Totally agreed, it doesn’t feel community-based anymore, we never get what actually needs fixing fixed, and instead we get stuff like this, which helps no-one

3 Likes

You guys… MIGHT want to revert this. just a hint

2 Likes

Quickly! We have to revert the update!

1 Like

I bought a SoundSnap membership to quickly buy royalty free sounds to replace some in my game, but when I try to upload them. I just get “Upload failed. Are you sure this is a valid audio file?”.

The sound files are valid. I tried both mp3 and ogg vorbis, even tried re-encoding in both ffmpeg and Audacity, and 48k Hz and 96k Hz.

Is there perhaps a problem with using such bought royalty free sounds?
The two file names I tried were:
267601-SciFi-Voices-Zykon-Male-Robot-Android-Phares–Countdown_sequence_initiated.mp3
482066-Transmission-SpaceX_Mission_Control-Call_outs-Countdown-01.ogg

And I bought them here:

Watch it crash to the ground even harder. This is what happens when you ignore your community over investors that have no knowledge on roblox. It is time to open your eyes, roblox.

8 Likes