[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

LOL roblox’s stocks drop to 4 dollars

RIP. Now I have to make and upload audios myself, at least I got 2k. anyways–

I can upload 2K audios every week and I don’t even need to. Why do I get 2K when SharkBl0x and some other YouTubers that have provided their ID and have used Dev-Ex only get 100?

4 Likes

Honest Opinion on this situation, quoting from this post here

I can list some games that I know will probably have their games ruined by simply just doing this Update:
A Universal Time’s music is most likely music uploaded by other creators and some of its pose music/rage mode music will DEFINITELY take a heavy hit, unless the original creators of those sounds go and make those said sounds Public
Funky Friday definitely will suffer from this aswell, as most of its Music is most likely uploaded by other players, with few exceptions being their version of most of the D&B Golden Apple Songs, which might not even matter because they may have been uploaded them on accounts
A Bizarre Day and YBA will just suffer the same as AUT
Overall this change will be just flat out terrible, if they had decided to NOT make all the sounds private then yes, this would be great and amazing for those who want their sounds ONLY used by their games or group games. But the fact that they’re making audios above 6 seconds long that have been uploaded before this update private is just stupid.

While my opinion may be changed in the future if ROBLOX decides to go a different route from what they’re doing. My point still stays at this moment, THIS is a BAD decision and should be thought out more carefully.

2 Likes

Agreed, it’s blatantly obvious they became even LESS community/developer oriented ever since this happened. The Egg Hunts gone, the pushing for everyone to look like sims, now this audio update. I’m sure I’m forgetting about countless other updates that destroy hours of work in an instant because higher ups don’t think that far ahead.

3 Likes

or just fix their moderation and weed out copyright like every other site instead of screwing us over

1 Like

This is the best update ever , i like it

1 Like

its not corporate, roblox partnres & investor wont get anything from it, only the partners that work with new roblox audios, investors will only lose profit, so they will probably change something, and its not related to copyright, roblox is doing good with taking down copyrighted audios

1 Like

I Agree with this quite alot. Roblox should be working closely with developers instead of going out and forcing out changes for no reason…

2 Likes

Roblox honestly ruined the audio catalog with the royalty free sounds. They didn’t even bother to add a filter to choose between ones uploaded by Roblox and UGC.

3 Likes

Trying it a bit more, it’s probably the filename size. I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere, but by experimenting I found that 54 characters (including extension) is the maximum filename length. Upload works if I trim it under that length.

1 Like

I too, would like to go through several thousand audio files across multiple accounts to make them public, once again, cleaning up a mess Roblox made for me that isn’t my fault or responsibility!

1 Like

how do i get 2000 per month like this

2 Likes

(if the original uploader, and sound designer of the audio uploaded to Roblox is deceased, their audio should be private).

I don’t really get the deceased argument since it could still happen following this update.

One of the problems people are trying to convey is worth years and years of community based uploading which also includes people who have left the platform (although that could be resolved with the free audio upload feature).

1 Like

Do you really need to make several thousand audios public? I cannot imagine you would have a need for that - correct me if I’m wrong. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Does anybody know how I’ve gotten a limit of 2,000 instead of 10 or 100? Kinda surprised me. But at least I can make a good use out of it. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Also I’ve not dev-ex’d yet.

1 Like

I have 2k but I haven’t done Dev-Ex. I don’t know why I got 2k, like I said before, but I have 2k.

1 Like

The update makes no sence. So you arent even allowed to uplaod remixes of 2 youtube videos or whats going on? Will slowed down audio also be taken down? What about giveing credits to roiginal creators? To be onest im cunfused, angry, sad and not happy with this.

3 Likes

Yes because basically those files contain Asset ID’s to the content which still link to the original uploader’s account. You would have to re-upload the content onto your account so you get your own Asset ID to use the very same content. And you would have to do this for both personal games and group games, as it has been mentioned that you can not use the same asset on your profile, for a group project even if you own the group.

Really funny how literally ALL of this could have been avoided had Roblox Moderation been effective from the very beginning. It’s not our fault that Roblox Moderation team members approved content uploaded to the platform that should have been removed for copyright violations.

So many approved content clearly uploaded illegally but allowed anyway, and it got out of hand so much that they are resorting to just simply make everything private regardless if the content has been approved for public or individual use or not.

1 Like

I swear bro the guy who posted it must have immediately muted the thread so he didn’t get notifications, also so he didn’t have to look at our complaints because he KNEW this was going to backfire.

3 Likes

So, another change Roblox. However, you didn’t do bad. In fact the opposite. You are finally helping developers. First the badges were free and now the audio!!! You can make me happy sometimes Roblox. For another time, I am happy.

Thanks Roblox :happy3:

How did I end up being able to upload 2000 Audios a month? I mean, I’m not complaining, but that’s a surprising change.

3 Likes