[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

No, once the Audios become private they are don’t work in your experience is what I got from this.

2 Likes

Roblox fixed the materials update because of the community’s reaction.
If we want to see the outcome of this update changed, our voices have to be heard.

6 Likes

You shouldn’t be. Most people only get 10 free audios a month, unable to upload anymore for a month. They can’t even pay after their 10 free ones. And 97% of the Roblox catalog is going to be blipped and replaced with crappy commercialized tracks and it will be impossible to find any audio you want. So yeah, today is not a day to be happy.

3 Likes

Great to see everyone against a bad update rather than saying its a “beta feature that will get better in the future” for once, lets see if we can have this more often

6 Likes

Bad idea, there are a lot of bad people on roblox, many will try to upload bypassed audios.

This only applies to uploaded audios that you DON’T own, if you own the audio or it’s not private, it will work in your game.

1 Like

But if u upload the sound on ur acc, u can’t use it on ur group game

I am making a suggestion - sending “ratio” is not constructive. Making a suggestion as to what can be changed is good, but hating on it without the announcement is not respectable nor promotes change. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Alternatively, it is due to the apm lawsuit, and we are powerless to fix it because this is a soft way to say “we got a cease and desist”

2 Likes

No, you can use them if YOU own the experience and YOU uploaded the audio.

3 Likes

Roblox likes to claim it allows properly licensed music to be uploaded onto it’s platform, but on several occasions I have had my account moderated for uploading audio that I had purchased the licensing to.

This is just Roblox doubling down on a system that is already far too strict - they are clearly demonstrating they have no problem crippling the workflow of countless development studios by disabling functionality instead of finding an actual solution to this problem that shouldn’t even exist.

5 Likes

Constructive civil debates right now are irrelevant, this is a awful change roblox has made and we need to be vocal so they can at least try to work out a solution to fix this. Think you need to calm down about trying to be “professional” here.

1 Like

My main concern with this update is that I own a game that’s made from a bunch of developers. Said developers have uploaded some of the sounds used in our game, but because I don’t own them, they’re gonna be lost. I have to go and upload them myself, or when this update comes out, they have to make those audios free for anyone to use.

You say you’re adding permissions so that only certain people can use the asset. Why isn’t that live now? It would make it a lot easier for us to just go to our fellow developers and say “hey, I need you to give me permission to use these audios”. Instead you’re telling us to replace any audio that we can’t use with our own or one of roblox’s. That is incredibly misleading in my view.

4 Likes

Time to use the really bad free badge update and the really bad new audio update and create an “Adding 5 Free Badges & 5 Audios Every Day Until Both Are Removed”

1 Like

They might have been referring to the people who were posting random crap that doesn’t contribute to providing criticism to the update, but rather gain attention.

Like the post above me.

1 Like

This is good for me, so I can’t purchase robux anymore for changing price of robux. (Economy issues) So I can upload SFX (Sound effects) for free.

1 Like

5 audios a day? Where did that come from?

If you’re not ID verified, you’re restricted to 10 a MONTH, with no way to bypass it.

1 Like

No, you can’t.

And knowing the corporation’s previous track record (remember VideoFrames!!), I highly doubt that this will ever happen.

I keep seeing and hearing about this, but this was settled almost a year ago and is completely unrelated to the current situation, and it truly is annoying to see people continually bringing up something completely unrelated to the matter.

1 Like

If they’re private, no, but they shouldn’t be automatically privated at all. They should be left public and only set to private if the developer manually wants to. Retroactively changing every asset is a bad idea, and giving developers a choice about it is far less labor-intensive for the majority.

Consider that some of my friends have uploaded audios for each-other. Those audios are “private” but we have permission to use them. It’s inconvenient to have to reach out to all of them and ask “hey, we need to fix all of these audios now because of how Roblox did this.”

Audio “privacy” should not be tied to if the item is on-sale or not, and should be some sort of user/group whitelist in the properties of the asset. Making one private should be manual, not automatic.

If these changes are made, it not only gives developers a huge increase in time to fix their games, but would also go a long way in preserving older games with audios whose owners have left Roblox.

It would also be beneficial to people such as myself, meaning we wouldn’t have to reupload an absurd amount of audios and manually replace each asset ID across several hundred models and games. I doubt we’ve used any sound effects that people wouldn’t be okay with us using, so this update is effectively just creating unnecessary work for us.

5 Likes

Roblox likes to claim it allows properly licensed music to be uploaded onto it’s platform

https://www.roblox.com/library/9042711260/We-in-this-Bitch-no-melodies

12 Likes