[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

Honest opinion this is roblox they DON’T Understand simple or easy!

3 Likes

Good Fix, Honestly. Roblox is just… Not helping big or small devs anymore with their updates.

1 Like

In my personal opinion, I think this is a very good change towards people who do not have funding for their games. I am one of these people, and have been trying to search thru the mess of audios to find some good sound effects for my games, but it was very difficult. Now that you can upload sounds for free and it is much easier to find sound effects, its going to make this way easier. Of course, it is sad that pre existing audio is going away basically, but I think it is honestly worth it.

2 Likes

Ok genuinely roblox is doing their job. They do not want to be sued so be grateful for what roblox has to offer for us

my games rely heavy on voice acting, what are my my options for uploading more than 100 sounds per month? because this limit is quite frankly unacceptable for my line of work.

5 Likes

What is there to be grateful for when an update like this is making developers have to reupload thousands of audios

7 Likes

The free to upload audio is amazing but everything else about this update is absolutely terrible.

2 Likes

Yeah i understand but why did roblox make the max time limit for audios 6 seconds?!

1 Like

Grateful for 98% of games on the platform going completely silent starting March 22?

6 Likes

If your games are in a group, you could use alt accounts to upload more audios to the group. Otherwise, your only option is to wait for Roblox to re-add the ability to make audio public.

2,000 replies (including deleted ones) already. It’s obvious that most developers don’t want this change to go into effect. Roblox should reconsider this ASAP

4 Likes

Last time I checked, this was smaller than 6. Is there any other criteria that decides if an audio will be set to private, or is this just a bug in the plugin?

1 Like

Probably just rounding, I have the same issue

If you hover over the time it shows the rounded number

1 Like

Did a quick survey of my groups I’m in, 2-3 Wargroups and the guys there said they hate this update, mainly since it’ll destroy the guns they use, since the weapons audio they use is BUILT INTO THE CODING.

So it damages players in ways I didn’t even expect.

1 Like

wait i dont understand. can i use audio over 6 seconds or something?

Yeah such a great update totally hundreds of devs are so happy for this update its so great that they have to reupload all there audios again! right? oh and the marketplace all the audios but roblox made audios were bad roblox made audios are so good everyone uses them right??

3 Likes

There goes literally all of my music that I found for the game I’m working on.

It’s obvious that nobody wants this update. Please, don’t implement it.

@Uzixt @spydercam500 I would like your posts, but I can’t. I reached my daily limit. This might make me quit Roblox development altogether. It’s that bad of an update. They already ruined the catalog with the royalty free music that has no option to be filtered out.

9 Likes

I don’t really make games with the intention of someone else playing it, I just do it for fun

4 Likes

I wanna post a meme i found about the situation but i know it will be taken down just like my other meme post that got taken down in like 10 minutes this update is terrible they better not go through with it and if they do i dont know what ill do…

3 Likes

We got free Audio, but at what cost…

5 Likes