[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

Ive just realized that this WILL make people quit the game jam thats currently going on right now just so they can fix there games audio why would they just now announce this during a game jam? or even like AT ALL?

3 Likes

Do they let you use unlimited amounts of copyrighted audio tracks? (I would think not)

1 Like

I donā€™t see why this is something we should be fighting over, there are obviously down sides but this is a decent update for future games, it can help avoid copyright issues with Roblox, it can allow the developer control what audio is playing in their games easier as well. I do agree with some things like the cap on how much is uploaded is very harsh but I do believe Roblox will adjust it overtime as the update rolls out

I do agree this is difficult but they can commission people, if they arenā€™t buying commissions they can use free SFX websites and upload them until they can afford.

And to everyone yelling at me it isnā€™t 50/50 I am saying there is good sides and bad sides, not saying it is perfect on both, but you have to admit there are many good sides.

2 Likes

Roblox went even worse science 2021-2022
and i dont want to Remake my game like an Slave every weak because some of my audios i did them by my own are counting as audios from someone else or to update my hole game because something got changed in Lua/Studio or to loose about 10k of bobux on Adds because Roblox Crashed, roblox was better in 2012-2020 Change my Mind

Yeah I actually thought about this earlier, but it would be a lot of effort.

should atleast allow audios you have uploaded to load in group games of groups you own or have developer and inventory access to by default

5 Likes

Now this is a statement I can get behind

Its confirmed: Roblox is listening to us. You all can start putting your pitchforks down.

2 Likes

Due to This I started to reupload audios given to me by friends, I was falsely banned due to terrible moderation, The two audios I was banned for were plane/jet audios.

Volume Warning for this one^

10 Likes

Look. I want to work with my local files, not in a group game. Team create sessions still have flaws and thereā€™s a risk of your work buddy getting you banned :confused:

Letā€™s see my problem againā€¦

So what do we know?

• Audioā€™s uploader = @Dogutsune
  • Group ownership = @Dogutsune, it even says ā€œThe Dogu Zoneā€
  • Who am I? = Dogu, @Dogutsune
  • Can I use it? = LOL NO XDDD

Itā€™s like that Patrick wallet Spongebob scene.

I honestly would speak out more, but Iā€™m afraid It wouldnā€™t be family friendly and professional.

5 Likes

I joined this platform in 2017, and you joined three years before. At least we got to see Roblox before it wanted to become a ā€œmetaverseā€, which is what no one wants or asked for. I hope 2,000 replies in less than 24 hours would be a wake-up call for Roblox to listen to their community, but of course, they likely wonā€™t do anything about it.

1 Like

First off the only good thing about this is the free uploads. Second thing every developer who has a radio gamepass or any of that sort in their games is about to get backlash from the owners of it. Also why canā€™t we use sounds owned by groups we own? What if i want to use the same sounds from another game i have?

1 Like

Free audio is not worth 99% of roblox games becoming silent. Just no man, I honestly cannot understand why you would think is is more good than bad I just, canā€™t.

3 Likes

It is confirmed that the reason for this change is due to legal issues: source

3 Likes

This reply should be marked as the solution lol. The reason of this change is because of a law suit.
Link to the document:

6 Likes

I reeeeeeeeeally hope this is the case
Even making audios no longer free would be much better than this; all this update did was spark A LOT of huge problems. Every single Roblox game has at least used a sound from the library, and implementing this feature would be catastrophic

4 Likes

Too vague. Not good enough of a response.

Off-topic - this is amazing. I think it is partly due to the fact that loads of plugin developers are going to itch - but this is amazing news, and we can only hope that this comes out soon. As for your response, Roblox is listening to us, whilst you arenā€™t wrong, donā€™t get your hopes up.

2 Likes

This is not a update, this is a massive downgrade.

3 Likes

they will loose a loot of Developers wich means they will Loose a loot of Money

1 Like