Add a Captcha to the comments section

I posted this video on the other thread and I’m going to post it here too because just wow. Seriously something has to be done about this

14 Likes

Was JUST about to post this video, but you got there before me. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is a perfect example, and I thank you on making it.

2 Likes

Did you like the subliminal message on one of the mock-up images?

2 Likes

I saw that lol

2 Likes

Thought you would :wink:

This wouldn’t be a simple UI change though, the bots use the comment API which doesn’t matter if the post button is disbaled or not. They can even post while comments are disabled entirely.

Capchas aren’t as magical as you guys seem to think they are.

There are services that allow you to crack a capcha for under a cent, USD. The reason these bots are posting scams is because they profit off of it. Spending $1 for 100 posts isn’t going to hinder them.

So now we’ll have bots still spamming, except we’ve added an extra step for legitimate users to complete. Doesn’t sound good to me.

1 Like

Then can we go with one of the other suggested methods? This is a legitimate issue and it needs to be dealt with somehow, whether it be as I suggested (preventing an exact copy of a comment previously moderated) or as MasterDaniel suggested (require playing the game/having a verified email). This is getting out of hand, and something needs to be done about it.

As a side note, I find the idea that captchas are that easy to break incredibly hard to believe, purely because of the astronomical bounty associated with finding a reliable way around them, but I trust you to know more about that than me. The end result is the same either way.

1 Like

They’ve evolved

Seriously though how did they get the green money signs in the comments. It’s making them look scary legitimate

1 Like

They’re just emojis.

1 Like

Yeah… on PC

Emoji on PC don’t get colored like that unless it’s twitter

They do. Windows 10 emojis get colored like that, same with OSX.

scamer has evolved to level 1337

1 Like

I agree

Chrome updated which adds support for emojis in text 'n stof

Yeah, this fact is very painful, because there isn’t a lot Google can do about it. It’d be nice if we could properly outlaw such a service, though that probably wouldn’t be possible.

So from what I am hearing, we could still add a captcha, but add an option that blocks certain keywords from posting, like freerobuxgenerator.org or something like that.

That will work.

1 Like

Now scam sites are

absdf.sdf

2 Likes

Posted it on Twitter but forgot to link: https://twitter.com/YouniteRBLX/status/777588126890024960

It’s cheap labour. Capchas are designed to be cracked by people and not machines. Therefore these services use live people to crack capchas. They aren’t bypassing the capcha, they go straight through as intended.