Add a maximum distance sound can travel on special hats

There is no real good section for this to go unless someone can think of a good place on the forum. Anyways,

I was playing a very large open world game, and another player that owns a hat that makes noise (Brighteyes' Witches Brew Hat - Roblox) was in the game with the hat on.

The hat emits a laughing noise about every 5-10 seconds that can be heard from any position on the map, because the sound in the hat does not have a maximum distance it can travel. It was incredibly annoying and I don’t think it’s intended that players should be able to hear it from over 5000 studs away.

If I was in the vicinity of the player I wouldn’t really mind; it’s a special hat and it’s a special feature. But it’s incredibly aggravating to hear it all the time no matter where I go.

There are four hats that I know of that this applies to.

10 Likes

As someone who has owned all four sound hats in the past (gotta get another harmonica sometime, traded my previous one away) I’d say this is fair. I’m surprised a max sound distance wasn’t added after that one time they were used to have a bit of fun during an RDC game jam. Might even wish to turn it down slightly, since last I remember the sounds were not only global, but rather loud.

2 Likes

Yeah they’re pretty loud.

Love the hats though.

2 Likes