Add a "Rejoin Game" Button to Rejoin the Same Server That You Were Just Disconnected/Kicked From

Greetings all persons!

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been kicked out of a game server because of some technical errors. That’s alright with me, but during the times when I really enjoy playing with the players in that server, it’s a huge bummer to get kicked from it. Of course, you can rejoin, however, you won’t be able to join the same server as before (the chances are very low especially for a very popular game). That can get very annoying.

As a Roblox player, I want to ensure that if any unintended kicks, accidental log-offs, or bugs within the actual game occur, the victim player can easily rejoin that same exact server with a click of a button in the menu (while their spot is reserved of course). Reserving a spot means that if the Roblox client takes a while to enter the player back into the game, no one else can join and result in a full server.

Cases Without This Feature :frowning_face:

Say you’re playing with a friend and what do you know–the game is glitched. So, you just easily log off and play the game again knowing that it will try to put you in the same server as your friend–that is if it’s not full. Depending on the context of the gameplay itself, your friend can ask someone to (politely) leave the server or join another server with you. But regardless of what you and your friend do, it’s annoying to have your gameplay interrupted especially when it’s the “juicy bit”.

You are playing a game and you find the players on that server fun playing with. You have funny conversations and everyone’s happily playing. You wish you can friend them, but you’ve reached the player limit! Then comes along the good ol’ error (perhaps a connection problem). That’s okay! You just go to the game page to rejoin—only to realize that the chances of you joining that server is near impossible (completely impossible if it’s full).

If this feature gets added, then the above two instances and many more real ones can easily be dealt with with a click of a button. I believe that every small step taken to get closer to eradicating player dissatisfaction gets factored into something huge in the long run (including a better reputation of Roblox).

Perhaps having the button near the Resume, Leave, and Reset buttons may work, but that’s not for me to decide.

Thank you for reading my request,
and have a great time!

97 Likes

I fully support this.

Not only would this be useful if I got kicked out because of technical errors, it could also happen on accident. Sometimes I stupidly click the exit button on the top right, or click he leave game button in the menu.

There are more situations in which this “rejoin server” button:

1. Round-based games with long rounds. This means rounds that can take up to 30 minutes at a time. The time between rounds (intermissions) are also incredibly short; this means you’d be lucky to join a game that’s almost finished or straight up finished. Now, if you’ve been waiting for a very long time for the round to end, and then the game kicks you out, good luck trying to find the server you were just in. Now you’re going to have to join a random server and do some more waiting, or server hop to find just the right moment.

2. Games with a special event happening. Congrats, an ultra-rare event is taking place in your server! It is a rare sight to see, and is server-specific. Then, the game kicks you out, and you’re going to have to wait in a server for another chance, or server-hop. Yay!

3. You’re trading with someone else. You’ve finally made a deal, but to your dismay, you get kicked out. (Note that this is referring to in-game trading, not trading with limiteds.) If you can’t remember their name, good luck trying to find the server they were in by looking through the vast list, or by server hopping.
    If you can remember their username, but they have messages turned to only followers, good luck getting them to remember you as the person they were trading with. If you can remember their username, but they have messages turned to only friends, good luck getting them to first remember you as the person they were trading with, secondly accepting your friend request, and then finally letting them into your game.
    All such a big hassle when you could of just rejoined the server!

And plenty more situations would be solved if this feature would be added. Add it! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Yeah, I honestly don’t know why this hasn’t been noticed by the Staff (if it has, IDK why there isn’t response after 5 months!). Another terrible situation is you finally being in the same server with a famous person like the developer of the game or a YouTuber, both extremely prestigious servers to be in. Now, this is for me specifically, but my entire house’s router and modem (for internet connection) is right beneath my feet where I usually sit with my computer. On certain occasions, I accidentally kick it and boom goes the internet of the house. Imagine if I was playing a game during that time and I was in the server of a YouTuber or developer, I’d be pretty darn mad!

9 Likes

I love this SM!!! Currently bugging my scripter to see if we can make this feature ourselves :smiling_imp:

11 Likes

How long would the server reserve their spot for? In my opinion, 1-2 minutes might do the trick because it would give them enough time to reconnect and also keep the servers full in the event that there are many AFK / disconnected users.

For now, you could save their current server ID + game version into a datastore and then if they reconnect, teleport them back if the prior server is still up to date.

8 Likes