Add a section for influencers and developers to connect

As a Roblox developer, there is currently no official medium for developers and influencers to connect with each other.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because it will enable better collaborations.

extra info

It’d be nice to have a section for posts like this:
6,4 million subscribers youtuber looking to collaborate!

There’s not really another appropriate category for things like this ATM IMO, but I assume it was taken down because things like this should be in the Talent Hub.

I guess you could argue this could fall under a “job post,” but it seems more like they’re trying to find pre-existing games rather than commissioning work. I don’t believe it’s the same thing.

4 Likes

Gotta disagree here.

Quoting the “About Lounge Category”:

Collaboration hires are not part of the Lounge category. It would’ve been perfect as a Talent Hub job entry. It offers everything that the person mentioned and was looking for.

1 Like

I like the idea of a more formal avenue to reach out to influencers, but as @ItsKoiske says, you could still reach out on the Talent Hub for it. Would be cool to have a more direct source of outreach, as I imagine not many influencers currently use the Talent Hub.

I would personally recommend reformatting your original post to be more about formalizing this on the Talent Hub and therefore making it more widespread.

2 Likes

I suggest supporting this post as I feel like adding onto what I mentioned already could benefit this post as well as the original one.

2 Likes

For the record, I’d say this counts as something that doesn’t fit into other categories.

I guess you could argue this could fall under a “job post,” but it seems more like they’re trying to find pre-existing games rather than commissioning work. I don’t believe it’s the same thing.

I don’t think developers with pre-existing games would look through the jobs section very often.

1 Like

Historically “anything else” counted only as “literally anything that isn’t on or about Roblox”. All hiring positions have been delegated to (a now deleted) regulars-only marketplace. The Talent Hub also isn’t only for commissioned work, but collaboration in general.

1 Like
There's an "Off Topic" section for that.

I guess you could argue the talent hub would’ve been the appropriate section to post this. Either way, it’d be nice to have a separate section for this kind of stuff.

let’s take this to DMs so we don’t steer too off-topic from the OP

1 Like

Collaboration still doesn’t count here for the same reasons that #lounge:roblox-discussion doesn’t allow for collaboration. You’re reaching for no reason here…

1 Like