Add category to #help-and-feedback for development support

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to find a development discussion topic that is actually related to that category. Most of the time, I find topics that will really fit into this category. #help-and-feedback:development-support

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my experience using the forum because people can post those topics there instead of #development-discussion .

What would go here?

• Would I still be eligible for DevEx?
  • How do I turn on dark theme in Studio?
  • How do I install a plugin?

Those are just some of the few examples I can think of.

Thanks for reading! Sincerely, WE

5 Likes

All of the categories in help and feedback are an aspect of development.

This belongs in scripting support.

3 Likes

Sorry for that horrible example. The other 2 examples don’t really have an appropriate category yet.

3 Likes

I don’t see why not. These type of topics are usually put in #development-discussion or #help-and-feedback:game-design-support but we can clean the categories up by making a #help-and-feedback:development-support category for them to be put in.

Another good example is a topic about the usage of a Studio feature that is not well known to the community.

2 Likes

This is pretty similar to another feature that already exists. You should probably go support that one instead:

2 Likes

Repurposing and rebranding #development-discussion or #help-and-feedback:game-design-support seems like a good compromise.

4 Likes

Im confused what you are saying here. #development-discussion and #help-and-feedback:game-design-support will remain how they are, but with less bad posts. Its a new category inside of #help-and-feedback for development support.

1 Like

The latter has been a lost cause since its inception, so no harm in changing it. “Game design” is heavily misunderstood term, everyone falls back to game design support for website related inquiries (e.g. questions about the group funds update or if selling work on Discord is allowed), would also be less category clutter by reusing categories

2 Likes

This should largely be resolved by:

This solves your examples #2 and #3.

For example #1, note that it is hard for anyone on the forum to help you with this. For DevEx eligibility questions you should refer people to the TOS and to Roblox support.

Thanks for the feedback!

2 Likes