Add color setting for script editor ruler lines

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to visually parse my code with script editor rulers enabled.

On a dark background such as with my script editor theme, the ruler lines are very bright and heavily contribute to visual noise and eyestrain. It’s very difficult for me to ignore these lines when I don’t need them because they are so bright.

I really want to make these dotted lines a slightly darker color than the background so I can more easily filter them out while I’m working, but I cannot because there is currently no setting to do that. Please add a color setting to accompany the ruler setting.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I’ll be able to use the script editor more comfortably, and take advantage of this new feature.

4 Likes

Hi, we will talk about adding a color setting for the rulers. Meanwhile if you want something to help with indentation, you can also try enabling “Show Whitespace” :smile: The color of the whitespace characters are currently configurable.

6 Likes