Release Notes for 432

Notes for Release 432

33 Likes

Client Difference Log

API Changes

Added Class InternalContainer : Instance [NotCreatable] [Service] [NotReplicated]

Added Class Bone : Attachment
	Added Property CFrame Bone.Transform [<📁> LoadOnly] [NotReplicated]
	Added Property CFrame Bone.TransformedCFrame [ReadOnly] [NotReplicated]
	Added Property CFrame Bone.TransformedWorldCFrame [ReadOnly] [NotReplicated]

Added Property bool Studio.Format On Type
Added Property string Studio.Rulers
Added Property Content SurfaceAppearance.TexturePack {LocalUserSecurity} [Preliminary]

Added EnumItem AssetType.Video : 62
Added EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.ScriptRuler : 57

Changed the security of Property SurfaceAppearance.AlphaMode 
	  to: {RobloxSecurity}

Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.DebuggerCurrentLine from 57 to 58
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.DebuggerErrorLine from 58 to 59
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.DiffFilePathText from 59 to 60
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.DiffTextHunkInfo from 60 to 61
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.DiffTextNoChange from 61 to 62
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.DiffTextAddition from 62 to 63
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.DiffTextDeletion from 63 to 64
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.DiffTextSeparatorBackground from 64 to 65
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.DiffTextNoChangeBackground from 65 to 66
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.DiffTextAdditionBackground from 66 to 67
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.DiffTextDeletionBackground from 67 to 68
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.DiffLineNum from 68 to 69
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.DiffLineNumSeparatorBackground from 69 to 70
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.DiffLineNumNoChangeBackground from 70 to 71
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.DiffLineNumAdditionBackground from 71 to 72
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.DiffLineNumDeletionBackground from 72 to 73
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.DiffFilePathBackground from 73 to 74
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.DiffFilePathBorder from 74 to 75
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.Separator from 75 to 76
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.ButtonBorder from 76 to 77
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.ButtonText from 77 to 78
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.InputFieldBorder from 78 to 79
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.CheckedFieldBackground from 79 to 80
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.CheckedFieldBorder from 80 to 81
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.CheckedFieldIndicator from 81 to 82
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.HeaderSection from 82 to 83
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.Midlight from 83 to 84
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.StatusBar from 84 to 85
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.DialogButton from 85 to 86
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.DialogButtonText from 86 to 87
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.DialogButtonBorder from 87 to 88
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.DialogMainButton from 88 to 89
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.DialogMainButtonText from 89 to 90

(Click here for a syntax highlighted version!)

13 Likes

This update rules

Haha.

At first, I thought it would be the viewport getting a ruler (as in inches or pixels). But it’s actually in the script editor!

Ok, so I get it now (after being confused for a bit). It’s at how many spaces you want to place the rulers. So, something like (4, 8, 12) would create this:

My only complaint about this is that is slices through code, which it shouldn’t. It should stop a couple of pixels away from the words in the whitespace.

I guess it can be useful for counting indentations. It’s a good way of lining up your code. Since the default indentation is 4 spaces, the rulers could be placed at multiples of 4. Awesome!

Keep it up, Roblox! :roblox: :roblox_light:

26 Likes

Appreciate the rulers albeit they’re a strange solution to indent guides. I guess you can also use them for line length guides as well. Two birds, one stone?

I really want to see a color setting for them though.

2 Likes

Is this the Luau type? Or is DateTime being enabled in studio?

1 Like

The client difference log doesn’t seem to be too fond of EnumItem additions. :stuck_out_tongue:

I find the script editor rulers useful for fixing layouts but I’d rather not always have them visible, since they kind of clutter the screen. If anyone else wants it, I’ve made a simple plugin that toggles the ruler visibility with a simple keyboard shortcut.

7 Likes

I was excited when I first saw the script editor. However, I was disappointed when I tried to use it. The rulers are not automatically done and they go right through lines of code making it messy.

Preferably, it would be automated and only appear in areas of white space like it does in popular text editors such as Visual Studio Code.

example:

19 Likes

Just when you think Roblox added one of the most common features of other script editors and they do it incorrectly.

I don’t see how it can be used in any practical way in it’s current form.

9 Likes

@UnderMyWheel @TheRings0fSaturn

I think you’re thinking of “indent guides”. If you think that should be added to studio, you should make a feature request!

Rulers are just vertical lines and are meant to go through code like that. They’re very common in other editors (even VSCode has an "editors.rulers" setting). Usually people create a single ruler at either 80 or 120 (by convention). Then you try to make your code not go further than that ruler horizontally. This makes sure no one on your team (with potentially a smaller screen?) has to horizontally scroll to see everything.

It’s just considered good practice in most code editors to adhere to 80 or 120 line width. Rulers are meant to help you visualize that!

Generally, most people only use a single ruler, but it’s good that studio supports multiple for those that want it!

20 Likes

Ah, okay! I did not know this.

Is there any particular reason rulers were prioritized over indent guides? Indent guides would seem a lot more useful for most developers compared to the rulers.

12 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.