Add favorites to developer stats

I think it would be nice to be able to see how many times your game is favorited each hour/day. And to also see how many people unfavorite your game each hour/day.

3 Likes

To add to this, show us a ratio of ±13 users. That will allow us to add features to pull in whatever age group we want.

Everyone is +13. Even if they’re not, they are. If they’re not, they’re really really not.

What does a favorite tell you?

It tells us that a new player has liked our game and wants to save it to play again in the future.

I think Ethan was meaning that more towards knowing how many favorites your game gets a day or hour doesn’t really benefit you towards game development or somewhere along those lines.

One thing is, if you have a steady basis of favorites per day, when you improve the gameplay your game might get more favorites tells you your going in the right direction. But mainly it’s just another statistic that should be shown.

“Developer Stats” it should show everything that happens with your game.
I’m just curious to see how many times my game is favorited per hour and per day.

I’d also like to know how much thumbs up my game gets regularly in a month / day / hour. That’d be useful info!

A favorite doesn’t tell you that the player will come back. The player actually coming back will tell you that, and that’s measurable.

I would rather have thumbs up and thumbs down. I never really paid attention to favorites.

What do thumbs up/down mean?

The rating system (you can thumbs up/down a place). It is also called the Like/Dislike system.

The rating system (you can thumbs up/down a place). It is also called the Like/Dislike system.[/quote]

What do they mean to you as a developer? What significance do they have in what you choose to do with your game? Certainly a general approval rating won’t do much good when you need to know specifically what parts of your game are turning people away.

The rating system (you can thumbs up/down a place). It is also called the Like/Dislike system.[/quote]

What do they mean to you as a developer? What significance do they have in what you choose to do with your game? Certainly a general approval rating won’t do much good when you need to know specifically what parts of your game are turning people away.[/quote]

I only care about them for two reasons

1.) They affect your placement on the “Top Rated” page

2.) A game with a terrible like:dislike ratio will make people not even give your game a chance

What do they mean to you as a developer? What significance do they have in what you choose to do with your game? Certainly a general approval rating won’t do much good when you need to know specifically what parts of your game are turning people away.[/quote]

Tracking thumbs up/down hourly, daily, monthly could have a HUGE impact with what we may do with a game. Why be against adding more helpful stats to the developer stats? Other developers find it helpful, don’t underestimate how we could find value in having more stats added.

I care about favs because the more favs I have the more coverage across the site my game has.

Well if you all of a sudden start getting lots of dislikes, something needs to change. If it’s constantly getting likes, or the likes are increasing as you updated the game majorly then you know it was beneficial. But really, favorites/likes/dislikes stats and whatever else. It’s just nice to have, it can’t do you any harm at all. Some people have no use for them, but many others can find uses for it.