Add Funds To Group Without Tax

I like this idea, but it probably doesn’t exist for a reason. I would much rather like the ability to pay other devs directly out of our own personal funds, but im sure that was brought up in the past and denied or something.

Group games don’t have this problem however because funds are automatically put into the group funds. But if you have a non-group game, well:

Say I wanted to give a dev who helped me out: 1,000 Robux.
I would have to buy a shirt in my group for 1,430 Robux.
To buy that shirt, players would have to spend up to 2,043 Robux in my non-group game.

Or to say it simpler, I make a gamepass for 2,043 Robux. A player buys it. In 3 days you have 1,430. Now you can buy the shirt to put 1,001 in group funds. You lose 1,042 Robux due to tax. That’s more than half of what you started with. You might think you lose 60% because two 30% tax’s but its actually 51%. But equally as annoying.

So an advantage of having a group game is not going through a second tax.
While the advantage of having a non-group game is being able to manage who can and can’t have access to your game’s source because with group games, currently those who have access to one game, has access to all games in the group.

Just one of the many reasons why we desperately need improvements to the group page as soon as possible since its one of the things devs depend on for a community on the site. (The other being Discord and Twitter. But we wouldn’t need Discord if the group page was improved.)

6 Likes

This sums it up pretty well.

I shouldn’t be taxed 51% in order to move my funds from one group to another. That is just mental.

8 Likes

Many games that were originally created by a single user and never switched over to a group game will have the single user cashout all the Robux, and pay their developer(s) in $.

The best way to get around needing this feature is to create groups for your games in the first place, and get an income into the group so that you already have group funds. If you have a game created, the easiest way to transfer Robux into your group is to run ads (using your account’s money) then with a monetized game Robux then goes into the group funds.

If the use case is to start up a group and you want to pay developers (in Robux) before the game is done, but you have Robux in your account you want to use, I have to ask why not pay developers in your account’s dev-exed $ instead?

3 Likes

I sold some valuable limited items and would like to invest those Roblox in development projects. I’d like to use them to pay some other people for work, but can’t without paying a significant extra amount in order to compensate for the second market fee. Obviously I can’t DevEx those Robux, so I can’t pay them in USD.

4 Likes

I hadn’t thought of that either. In order to get funds in our group we technically need to be taxed 51%

3 Likes

I don’t like how you’re unable to use your own funds for group game badges and the like.

I think this would be a good feature to have, and would fix a lot of issues relating to groups not being able to create things because they lack the necessary funds in their group, and would also make more sense because most startup groups are NOT making enough to pay developers, or make badges and or other items.

It’s silly that we have to be taxed another 30% to move 1,000 R$ into a group, technically making any profits you make from shirts, pants, or t-shirts, or your games on your profile page, being taxed at roughly 50-60% after you have transferred them into your group.And now with Roblox’s recent addition of adding in a timer for shirt and pants purchases (which I have no problem with), it makes it take longer to move funds into a group.

6 Likes

Support.

My current issue: My game isn’t a group game, so in order to get group funds I sell gamepasses from a group game in my normal game. Not a big deal besides the fact that it’s not neat, except I’ve ramped up my devleopment and am running out of funds soon. My workers mostly want robux, so my only solution once my workers outpace my group income is to eat that 30% cost by paying out of my account. That’s a lot of extra money just so I can continue to earn for roblox.

5 Likes

I know this is a bit of a necrobump, but with the recent “every transaction must pend for 3 days” update, this is needed now more than ever. Was gonna make a thread about it, but I found this one, so here’s my newish suggestion to this.

Because of this ^. (I.e. you have to use group funds on group items, instead of personal funds) it can be extremely annoying to have to:
A. Lose 30% of your funds which were already taxed 30% when you earned them somewhere else
B. Have to wait 3 days to do something as simple as purchase a badge
C. Not be able to do anything related to a simple badge for 3 whole days

So, my ideal solution.
A group owner can free transfer funds to their group. No wait period. No 30% fee.

I’m really not a whole taxation is thieving kind of person when it comes to the US Government. Taxes are necessary evils to keep society running. However. What is even the point of Roblox Taxes? It’s not like our Robux goes towards upkeep of Roblox’s servers, paying staff, or anything else like that. Our Memberships do that. The taxes on Roblox are simply to keep our profits smaller.

24 Likes

You know, I’ve never understood the reasoning behind taxes on Roblox either. I understand it for NBC members, but for BC members and above, I think it’s pretty pointless. Then again, I’m pretty sure they make more from in-game transactions than their memberships. For instance, top devs pull in 2 million a year, while their membership is only 125 USD a year. :man_shrugging:

EDIT:

I realized the reasoning behind the taxes as I was writing this. Which is why my opinion changed so sharply near the end. :joy:

8 Likes

I want to amend that I think this is good idea now.

Badges are now only create-able with funds from whatever group is uploading them. This makes working with groups made for test servers extremely difficult to work with because you need to create group shirts and wait 3 days for pending sales before you can even upload a badge (away from the main server) to test, for example.

8 Likes

I’ve been needing a feature like this for over two years now. I literally had to create a group and fill it with gamepasses for my non-group game, just so I could have a nice stash of robux to pay my workers with. Because of how unstable games can naturally be, I always have to have a nice balance of robux floating around on said group. I’ve spent 300k in one month, and then 20k in the next. Meaning I have thousands of dollars just sitting in that group, on the off chance that I assign a bunch of work all of the sudden.

I shouldn’t have to balance getting a higher tier or lower tier devex by the end of the month with keeping the balance in my group at a safe amount.

Let me deposit my hard earned and already-taxed-robux into my own group

12 Likes

Groups have became more and more popular and almost a must for development teams as they provide an easy way to pay your developers/contributors through the group funds. Group funds can only be put in through players purchasing products sold by the group like, dev products and clothing. However developers don’t have an easy way to deposit their own robux into the funds.

Currently the only way developers can put robux into their groups is by buying one of the groups products them self. This creates lots of issues. The first issue is developers get taxed each time they want to put some robux into their group funds meaning they lose robux and potentially lose out on DevEx money. The second issue is the time it takes for the robux to get into the group funds. Funds could take up to about 4 or 5 days to proceed meaning developers may lose out on productivity in their games as they can’t pay their developers. The last issue is developers have to take time to adjust the prices or even create new products just so they can deposit x amount of robux in their group.

Developers need to be able to deposit robux into their groups funds easily because they need to be able to pay their developers before the group has even made any robux yet. Why do developers have to go through such a long process just to get a few robux into their group. Most importantly why do they have to get taxed just for depositing robux to pay someone.

The solution to this issue would be to have a deposit button in the group admin that only the group owner can use to deposit robux into the group. This button would avoid all taxes/processing times and provide an easy way for developers to deposit robux in their groups. This feature will also help to increase developers DevEx rates that was recently discussed.

22 Likes

The fact that I cannot add any funds to my upcoming development group from my personal funds is infuriating, as I am planning on commissioning other developers to create assets for upcoming games.

It’s been almost 5 years since this was originally suggested. It bothers me that I have to use the t-shirt sale workaround in order to put funds into my group.

This feature request should be considered, as it’s very helpful for newer devs to get started with their new development group.

12 Likes

This repeat taxing is worse than useless. I do not care if transferring into a group has to go through transaction approval [size=1](for some reading that think this step is extra, this would likely be a step in case the account is jeopardized – transfer funds to group, give group away, transfer funds out of group)[/size]. I just want a way to losslessly take my Robux and put it into my groups. Nothing more, nothing less.

In the past, I’ve seen people mention that it’s just a method of bypassing the 30% tax required for transactions and shouldn’t be allowed for that reason, yet they seem to ignore the most glaring discrepancy in that claim entirely:

I want to give my friend Joe 100 Robux. I have one of two options:

1. Buy one of Joe’s virtual items that costs 100 Robux. Joe gets 70 of my Robux, which were taxed on their way to me, and are now being taxed in the transfer to Joe. 51% lost.
  2. Use my group to pay Joe directly. Joe gets 100 of my Robux, which were only taxed on their way to me. They are not taxed on their way to Joe. 30% lost.*
    [size=1]* Assuming these funds were acquired through other revenue not originating from me.[/size]

Why can I bypass this tax limit going out but not in? I’m trying to think of a reason but I genuinely can’t find anything after thinking for some time. It just doesn’t make sense to have this limitation set up as it is today.

I am absolutely in support of this idea and I would personally classify it as one of the more urgent web features.

15 Likes

Employers are resorting to use outside payment schemes (like PayPal) to pay devs instead of through Roblox methods because of this group tax problem. If ROBLOX wants users to stay on their platform, they really need to make it a viable option.

The income from games is already taxed 30%. If the owner needs to pay a dev, another 30% would be taken off that amount.

Example:
Game makes 1k R
Owner gets 700R
Max amount they can pay a dev: 490

This means our robux is being taxed 49% percent

This is why we move to PayPal and other offsite alternatives

You can put your game on a group to get around this problem. Pay people from group funds.

They can’t implement this feature request as-is because it would allow for 0% fee transactions from user-to-user, which is bad because it allows malicious actors to quickly (and in an automated way) move around money at no loss.

The ideal solution IMO is a feature that allows you to transfer profile games to groups, it fixes this and many other problems with legacy profile games.

4 Likes

For me personally, I get paid from group funds from my employers, and I would like to use those funds to pay my employees. Paying people is always going to take a 30% cut, which means I need to actually pay devs more than what they request.

Its much more worth our money to DevEx and use PayPal, because then we don’t loose any money. Although that takes us off the Roblox site

1 Like

This. We really need a way to add funds without buying a product, even if it’s with tax I would be extremely glad to finally not have to go trough the struggle of creating a “funds” t-shirt” everytime I want to pay someone.

2 Likes

Okay!!

This is a much needed feature! This would be so helpful for developers who have games on their profile and want to pay for commissions/workers without that extra tax.

Directly adding funds in to my group from my account would be extremely useful to have. I do not want my robux that I worked for (that was literally already taxed) to get taxed even more when I move my it to my group!

I do not mind if it gets put in to pending robuxs. Just don’t want to get taxed when I want to pay someone for their work.

Is there any news on this Roblox? We really need this. :frowning:

I am aware that moving from profile to group games is possible now! But every animation in a game would have to be reuploaded. This would be painfully repetitive to do. When Roblox makes this a smooth transition with little to no reuploading, I would obviously use game ownership transferring.

1 Like

It is really unfair when you want to transfer 100K Robux from a place to another, even buying a gamepass, AND YOU LOSE 30K ROBUX. 300$ JUST ON TAXES.