Group: Transfer personal funds to group

I started my group Team Crazy as a ROBLOX game development studio. It would be really nice if I could transfer my own account ROBUX/Tickets into my group’s funds. Here’s why:

Team Crazy is sort of like a “startup” studio. Because of that, it needs funding. It needs funding because I need to be able to pay my “staff” for work. I don’t want to promise users that I will pay them ‘x’ amount if I don’t have that much available. That’s a gamble that I don’t want to take.

If I could transfer R$ from my own account, I could essentially help fund my team to get it started.

In context: My group currently has about 500 tickets and 0 R$. I have 2 large projects that I have in the works, but those aren’t going to generate any profit until they are near completed. However, I need help to finish those games, thus want to pay some people to help me get that done (e.g. building planes/maps; designing game levels; etc.).

37 Likes

If ROBLOX allows you to transfer funds into your group without taxes, groups essentially become a way to evade taxes completely. You could transfer funds between accounts without any sort of tax penalty (personA >(no tax)> group >(payout - no tax)> PersonB).

Why can’t you just pay them normally? If they build a map, pay them through a shirt or something.

8 Likes

None of us do, but that’s just something we have to live with.

1 Like

[quote] If ROBLOX allows you to transfer funds into your group without taxes, groups essentially become a way to evade taxes completely. You could transfer funds between accounts without any sort of tax penalty (personA >(no tax)> group >(payout - no tax)> PersonB).

Why can’t you just pay them normally? If they build a map, pay them through a shirt or something. [/quote]

Why does that matter? If I made that R$, then it already was taxed to begin with. For instance, any R$ I make on developer products is given to me after 30% tax fee. And if it really still mattered, then perhaps just add in that fee in order to transfer funds to the group.

I don’t care if there’s a little fee to do so. I just want to help kick-start my group so I can get rolling.

10 Likes

“And if it really still mattered, then perhaps just add in that fee in order to transfer funds to the group.”
You know you can just create a shirt for the amount of Robux you want to insert into the group funds and buy it to input funds, right? You don’t need a new feature to do that.

“Why does that matter? If I made that R$, then it already was taxed to begin with. For instance, any R$ I make on developer products is given to me after 30% tax fee.”
Even the Robux from trades is taxed. ROBLOX taxes any sort of transaction where money changes ownership.

2 Likes

[quote]
Even the Robux from trades is taxed. ROBLOX taxes any sort of transaction where money changes ownership. [/quote]

Except payouts from groups, I believe. Regardless, I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with your statements. I’m just giving a feature request. However such a thing is implemented wouldn’t be up to me anyway. If they want a tax fee to transfer money into the group, that’s fine! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“Except payouts from groups, I believe”
That’s because it hasn’t changed ownership. The money is already collectively owned by the people of the group, and you’re just moving it to the account of a specific person who already had ownership over that revenue.

If you want a feature to donate to the group funds where anyone could donate money to it, that’d be awesome. If you just want the feature so you can start up your group with funds then you can do that by buying a group shirt.

As a note, to transfer funds into my group, I have a group place setup where I can purchase a developer product; it goes into the group’s funds.

Or just buy a shirt that is linked to the group? It doesn’t go into pending sales if sold on the website

Or just buy a shirt that is linked to the group? It doesn’t go into pending sales if sold on the website[/quote]

Whoops. That’s a good idea. Pending sales are annoying. :confused:
Thanks.

1 Like