Add Instance as a Valid Attribute Type

Yeah, this would be extremely useful for many different reasons. Here’s hoping that Roblox adds this soon.

1 Like

Many people seem to want this, it’s a no-brainer to add tbh

1 Like

It really isn’t. Since things can’t have a default instance it would be impossible since when an attribute is nil it’s gone.

good idea and i support, but what about attribute dictionaries/tables

That wouldn’t be practical. That’s why bindables exist.

attributes can be replicated and having tables being replicated with ease is a good feature

They’re saying that Instances aren’t valid attribute types yet because the way that would function would conflict with the current way the system works

They could make it different for attributes, as someone mentioned above

Two years of feature apparently being implemented and disabled due to nobody wanting to take care of ui…

5 Likes

Support! I sometimes need attributes for stuff that has to be visible to multiple scripts at once.

Having to use a ObjectValue feels a bit… let’s just say that it’s really distracting. It feels weird when you’re already used to using attributes for shared information and it makes lines of code longer.

1 Like

I’d really like this to be added! Sure would make everything more convenient instead of having to make multiple attributes to get the values I need

My only question is why is this still not a feature (:

Absolutely not. Having two values that mean nothing is a horrible decision. (see JavaScript with both undefined and null)

bump, this is still super needed

1 Like

:crossed_fingers: please add. been wanting this for years now.

1 Like

It’s really annoying having to use a mix of both attributes and values right now

1 Like

I’ve been wanting this for so long time now. So I am going to bump this since this is still not added

:pray:

2 Likes

I’m still waiting for this, this is super useful to set custom assets to Components, sucks to need to use an ObjectValue instead

1 Like

I agree, attributes really need support for near all types, it’s such a good feature that is done so terribly by the limitations its put into

While Roblox hasn’t fully supported this feature yet I have made something that you can use in the meantime