Add more kinds of post-processing blur effects

Blur Effect

As a Roblox developer, I want a blur where it has different settings. However, I cannot accomplish this because the current blur in studio uses a linear blur; where it covers the whole screen.

I would like to have more types of blurs available. For example when camera’s are used in scenes I would want them to pan onto a specific asset or point and set the players focus on it by blurring the surroundings that are not in the focal point. Here some blurs I’d like added: (other developers can comment below if they’d like other kinds of blurs, or have additional use cases for these types of blurs)

• Smart Blur : a linear blur that adjust to the environment depending on the developers ambient settings etc. This can be used very well in showcases and even GFX!

• Radial Blur : Where the blur is focused on a specific assets within the radius that the developer had set. It would cause the game to be clear inside the set radius and the surroundings would be blurred. This would be useful in horror games because it grabs the players attention anf focus on a specific area rather than the whole screen being blurred out fully.
Radial Blur - Example

• Lens Flare : Makes a lens flare on the screen that can be adjusted and moved around.The developer should have different types of flares. (This isn’t a blur but it would be cool) A lens flare would be awesome because when a player is in a outside environment, this will create a sense of realism for the player.

I think if these features are added, it would make the light settings in studio look magnificent and give out an awesome effect. This would make me develop games better and give a sense of realism for the player (improve player experience) and it would make it easier for developers to make realistic-looking games. I also think this can help out people who try do showcases and add images for their portfolios to make their images look more attractive.

37 Likes