Add property to get / set CFrame using Pivot Points to enable use of TweenService

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to use the TweenService on models utilizing the new pivot point system.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because it would enable me to use the TweenService out of the box and not require a lot of custom code when using pivot points.

The reason for this is that TweenService does not support accessing properties though get and set methods.

A simple example where you would rotate a model 45 degrees around the pivot, which currently is not possible if you work with pivot points:

TweenService:Create(
		model,
		TweenInfo.new(0.35, Enum.EasingStyle.Quint, Enum.EasingDirection.InOut, 0, false, 0),
		{
			PivotCFrame = model.PivotCFrame * CFrame.Angles(0, math.rad(45), 0),
		}
	):Play()

The example above would work when using the old PrimaryPart method since you can tween the PrimaryPart.CFrame of a model and thereby work around GetPrimaryPartFrame() / SetPrimaryPartCFrame().

28 Likes

Seconding this. currently, there aren’t many methods to get around this. I’ve decided to go with wrapping a loop within a coroutine and calling :PivotTo(), but this is unsightly.

I feel that this can be avoided if the WorldPivot property were replicated, and it would be a big step towards making me comfortable fully adopting Pivot Points.

5 Likes