Add something that says to contact bug support in the "How to post a bug report" topic

Many Roblox Developers are currently posting Roblox Related bug reports in #development-discussion or #forum-help:forum-bugs . They post there because they can’t post in #bug-reports. The easiest solution to this is to have something in this topic that says to message @Bug-Support if you are not yet a regular.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my experience using the forum because less clutter would be added to #forum-help:forum-bugs and #development-discussion . I don’t like flagging posts, I really feel horrible when I have to.

7 Likes

Not just "aren’t a regular. " More accurate to say “currently no way to become a regular.” Fortunately, the bugs I have found are attached to new feature forum posts, but it feels hit or miss that bugs are being investigated.

4 Likes

They can’t really do that because that inbox barely scales. If it is listed in the pinned topic, many more people would find the inbox and the response time would go up significantly.

Same problem as post approval used to have basically.

5 Likes

I tried to mention the Bug Support account like you said, but it says that I can’t mention them. Any help?

2 Likes

that is intentional, roblox doesn’t want engineers to go to a lot of topics that are not in #bug-reports

2 Likes

Sorry for the bump, but wanted to tie this up. This is now listed in the https://devforum.roblox.com/t/cant-post-bug-reports-or-feature-requests/2009361/1 topic, so this has been (mostly) fulfilled.

2 Likes

Hey all, this doesn’t align with some of the other work we are doing to improve bug reports. You can expect us to move away from the Bug-Support inbox in the future, so that removes the need to better highlight this. As mentioned above we currently do not explicitly call this out to avoid extraneous load on the inbox.

1 Like