Add support for MouseButton4, MouseButton5, etc

I’m not against supporting MB3 - MB-Infinity, but the way Roblox handles these Enums is very inefficient because you have MB1 - MB9, that’s 9 whole Enums.

Developers should be allowed to ruin their game, but Roblox adding 9 Enums for Mouse Buttons is the wrong approach.

What about chromebooks or the average laptop keyboard? Lots of schools gives these out to students for their work and they probably will use it for Roblox

I understand if you have a full-sized keyboard plugged into a laptop, but some people don’t. Hell, I have a 98% keyboard and I still want to make sure that bindings can be accessible to all users, if I can. It’s not about what you have, it’s about catering to all possible inputs if the player/developer so chooses to have.

Hate to be that guy, but you’re forgetting that most Roblox children probably don’t know this fact if they do have a keyboard without a numpad

I don’t agree, but I think Roblox needs to allow for better support for more advanced inputs that people can have. Maybe not as Enums, but maybe an extension of the InputObject instance. Maybe adding a single Enum.UserInputType.MouseButton with a separation on which button would be a lot better

This is what I can agree with. More Enums may sound good on paper for allowing these other mouse inputs, but there has gotta be better implementations of this on Roblox’s end to better support buttons that are past the lowest-common-denominator

It’s getting off topic with the Mouse Buttons, there should be no reason to add more Enums, they should just renovate the system for Enums which allows us to set MB1600 if I want to without them messing with Enums.

Roblox on chromebooks is not actively supported, nor does it run very well and is a very small minority in devices playing Roblox, even Mac has a larger playerbase.

And Children who don’t know how their keyboard works, they should probably learn how it functions first.

1 Like