Add topic owner tag

In other websites such as reddit, users who create a topic have a tag next to there name when they post on said topic,
IMG_1942
(OP = Original poster)

31 Likes

yeah this would be a nice thing to have i agree

6 Likes

Can see some benefits to this!

• Staying on-topic: For instance, in a scripting question, someone might propose a solution where others give feedback on.
    With an OP badge, everyone will be reminded that they’re looking for a solution for the original poster, keeping the discussion focused on their specific issue rather than turning into a generic code discussion.

• Quicker for Roblox staff: In the case of a bug report, engineers may have questions about reproduction. Other users tend to join the conversation, leading to a cluttered view. Having an indicator of who submitted the report would prevent confusion.

11 Likes

(post deleted by author)

2 Likes

I agree with this request. It would be helpful and it’d make me look cooler on my topics. :grin: :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Yes, I am constantly confused on who the OP was, and have to scroll upwards to see who made it, and then scroll back down to pick up where I left off. This gets very annoying.

4 Likes

Yeah this is very useful, especially when for some people it isn’t obvious

3 Likes

Completely agree! This will help me so much going through topics created by users because sometimes I don’t even know who the OP is in topics. Hope this does get added in the future!

3 Likes

Its very easy to do this yourself FWIW. Install a custom CSS styling extension such as Stylish, and set up this rule for the devforum. I’m unsure if there’s a way to do this on phones.

.post-stream .topic-post.topic-owner article .topic-meta-data .names::after {
    content: "OP";
    color: var(--tertiary);
}

The only catch with this is that you can’t see if someone has replied to OP when you expand the replied-to post because there are insufficient classes in the DOM to identify OP here, but for the primary use case it’s perfect.

3 Likes

Thanks for posting an alternative. I’ll definitely be using this until Roblox implements the feature request (if they choose to) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It is something good for everyone to have, not just the people who can be bothered to do that (even though it is pretty easy)
Especially new users

Thanks everyone for piling in your support for this request and apologies for not addressing it sooner!

I talked to the product team of the devforum and they are okay with us temporarily implementing the CSS addition above by @PeZsmistic until we have something more user-friendly (e.g. alt text, localization, …).

This is now live on the forum on all themes.

Thank you PeZsmistic for writing this up!

13 Likes

Lol my bad, can you add order: 999; to the rule as well? On mobile there is a vertical flex layout and without this the OP tag is inserted before the username right at the beginning.

chrome_8ZdsxLArv8

Fix:

chrome_8goO2bcFQh

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up, I have now executed order: 66;

19 Likes

Thanks for the update! I was lacking this on mobile, glad it’s finally global. I’d recommend adding a background too for general visibility. That’s what I do on my theme but maybe that’s because I have a background and it wouldn’t contrast nice on the solid color, but I’d try it out.

.topic-owner .topic-meta-data div.names span.first:after {
  content: "OP";
  color: var(--primary);
  background-color: var(--secondary);
  border-radius: 8px;
  margin-left: 5px;
  padding: 5px;
  font-size: 12px;
  display: inline-block;
}

This feels a little heavy to us, so not doing this for now.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.