Adding humanoid to a transparent character gives it visibility priority over trail objects

I have two characters in studio, both with all parts set to transparency 0.02
The only difference between them, is one has a humanoid, and the other does not.
The character with the humanoid inside is blocking the visibility of trail objects. I understand objects with transparency naturally have priority complications, but what’s happening here is only happening due to the inclusion of a humanoid. Is there anything I can do about this?
https://i.gyazo.com/cd3ae7fcb4aec7b1d0b42ccb0a8c4365.mp4
Also, the trail itself does not have transparency in it’s properties, it’s set to 0.
This is the place file
Trail Object Problem.rbxl (21.3 KB)

4 Likes

Is it’s LightEmission >0?

LightEmission (if active) puts slight transparency no matter the actual value of the Transparency property, due to it’s specific blend mode, which could interfere with the actually transparent character model.

Yeah, I tested that earlier as well but it didn’t make a difference. Light emission is 0. But anyway, I’ve found a work around I suppose (by not using humanoid)

This bug appears to happen to any 2D transparent objects in 3D space. I reported this behavior for BillboardGuis a while ago.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.