Additional Game Management in Roblox Studio

Ah yes, now this is epic. This will help all developers.

2 Likes

brb just gonna casually mod the built in and add this to the plugin myself.

… if i knew how roact worked

3 Likes

Glad to see Roblox games having the ability to be more controlled while in studio. Can’t wait to see what you other control over games you add into studio in the future!

2 Likes

Great. Thanks for letting me know.

I like this, however, keep everything on the web page too, because I don’t want to wait for studio to open just to change the price of vip servers.

1 Like

This was more of an omission by technical limitation than by design, so even with the ability to modify the plugin, you wouldn’t be able to configure things like icon.

Also, it is not possible to modify builtin plugins because they are signed for security reasons :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Definitely will be using this a lot, seeing how I spend most of my time in studio.

1 Like

Wow, I was just thinking about more Studio Game Settings last night and it just came! Loving it so far! Thanks!

1 Like

it’s nice. it was time for them to change the game settings. I hope they improve all the configuration pages etc. 10/10

1 Like

This is great! We’re slowly going towards being able to do everything in studio! Game dev will be slightly faster now!

1 Like

Is there going to be a fix for the cursor staying as the pointer after you interact with the Game Settings window? It really bugs me not having the usual dragger cursor after I use it, leaving me to restart studio once I’ve configured the settings of a game (i.e. changing avatar type to R6, adding icon/thumbnail).

Can we get Migrate all servers too? I use it more than shutdown.

3 Likes

Yes. This is gonna save me a heck ton of time. I can configure all of this in studio rather than having to go to the create tab and finding the right configure button.

1 Like

It’s like you moved a couple of features from the website to Studio, but with even more and even better!
This is very convenient for developers as it will make us save time, so I’m very happy that this is happening. Thanks ROBLOX and the team who made this possible!

Anyways, some suggestions and praises and criticism!

Thank goodness this was added! Probably the highlight of this all!

Some things I would suggest adding is the Migrate to Latest Update to the Shutdown tab, as some developers find this feature better than shutting down all servers to avoid the loss of players, as @ElliottLMz said.

You could also add a tab for badges or gamepasses, instead of going to the website.
Maybe even add the feature to send game updates from Studio. Quite possibly a statistic tab like the Developer Stats page on the website!

But all in all, another positive update to add to the streak of good ROBLOX updates! :roblox: :roblox_light:

(i totally didn’t copy TheCarbyneUniverse with the :roblox: :roblox_light: emojis in the end :wink:)

1 Like

Was it made so that VIP Servers can be free? If so, that’s sick.

Woo yeah! Excellent, now I almost don’t need to go on chrome when I want to open Roblox Studio.

2 Likes

VIP servers are now free since around last week and it was an individual update.

It’s only available if the developer sets the VIP servers of the game to free.

1 Like

Ah, okay. However, it is also a pretty good update. I believe some youtubers or something would benefit from this, since they don’t have to pay for a vip server.

1 Like

This should be the stuff that Roblox focuses and updates, please keep going like this! I love you roblox
team :slight_smile:

This is a great addition and I’m sure you’ll be receiving a lot of positive feedback. I tend to find myself spending quite a while trying to find the developer products for games I program, but with the new monetization tab it makes the process quicker and easier. Great work, I hope we see similar updates to the Roblox Create page!