Additional Game Management in Roblox Studio

Sorry if this reply isn’t beneficial to anybody but thank you to all the staff and developers who made these new features possible!! :smiley:

Haha, same for me as well. Saves a lot of time

Love the additional features, really unifies the studio experience.

I have just one suggestion - allow us to highlight or click to copy text/Ids

3 Likes

Thank you, this is a very convenient feature which doesn’t make me need to switch from studio to the web when I want to make changes.

I love the new management features but I am kinda confused on one part.

When looking at the place tab, it seems the caps are different on the player limit and preferred limit compared to the website. Is there any reason it is like this?

7 Likes

Thanks, @Roblox! :roblox_light:
I’ve needed this for a long time because In the configure place/game It wouldn’t let me configure those!
Besides that, I’m sure many people will enjoy this update!

I like the look of this update a lot, it does need minor tweaks such as resizing description box (and maybe bubble chat switch)! But while you start moving things over to Studio, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD do not add your verification system. If you need to, just use Google’s ReCaptcha, ok?

1 Like

In Places>Max Players I’m on Limit to 100 but on the website it 200. Is there no way to access more than 100 Players in the studio?

It’s not the interface that causes this, if you read the note below it you’ll understand. Basically you can’t make a paid access game have VIP servers. However, I think free VIP servers should be allowed.

Another great update! Never more will I have to go to the website just to configure my games.

1 Like

I think what he meant is that paid access games should have VIP servers enabled regardless. I still have hope for this since they are promising a string of game management updates!

That being said, I really like being able to manage places from Game Settings, really helps in maintaining chain of thought when doing multi-place updates

Nice update, use to get lost trying monetizing my games this is a cool update!

1 Like

@Pavalineox is pretty much spot on.

I know that ROBLOX doesn’t allow VIP servers for Paid Access games, I am trying to get them to add that as a feature. The UI has nothing to do with that. My post was a comment saying that it would have been nice to add this feature with this update.

1 Like

@static2240, @Brad_Developer

Our bad! We will fix this next release.

3 Likes

The “allow copying” option always gives me stress whenever I look at it lol.
Anyways I love the new features and not having to go to the website is a great. :blush:

1 Like

Sorry to seem a bit pedantic but will the cursor bug with it remaining the cursor after you close Game Settings be solved soon, too? As more settings move over to the new menu it will need to be used more and I don’t want to have to open/close studio just to restore the regular hover cursor? It’s been an issue ever since Game Settings began to move into Studio.

Video attached demonstrates the functionality before opening and closing the window, and then after.

3 Likes

Finally we don’t have to try to find that one place in all of our create page to then confuse "Configure Game from “Configure Start Place” Really a helpful update and game changer for game management!

1 Like

I know you are probably looking for direct implementation of private servers for paid access games, but with a little tinkering you can make it yourself. Reserved Servers in TeleportService allows for private servers to be created.

@shadowflame63 this would also allow implementation of free private servers.

Yes, I know that it is possible. It just makes everyone’s life easier if ROBLOX does it.

Amazing update. It makes game editing way easier now. Instead of having to go to the website constantly, we can now do it in-game. One thing that I would love to see implemented though is the ability to change the chat type from the settings without having to run commands/scripts. I have made games before in which I needed to change the chat type and it isn’t the most fun constantly having to create scripts just for that. Other than that, thank you for this addition. Very useful.