Addressing the issues with troll posts and Proposed Solutions to fix them

For some reason, the person who created example post 3 received no punishment, which is one of the reasons this post exists.

I’m not saying DET is useless. They’re extremely useful. Without them the DevForum would be utter chaos, but in situations like example 3, action must be taken.

1 Like

I’ve seen full scale raids on the forum. Multiple people mass uploading stuff.

2 Likes

I have been on devforum.txt twice, only once I was banned.

2 Likes

Let’s continue this in PMs to avoid going off-topic.

2 Likes

Why do people keep proposing this? It’s always the same thing. “New Members are the problem. Remove them. Ban them from the forum.” This has already started happening in the form of removing their ability to rank up. But there are people trapped in that TL that have nothing to do with the trolling, nothing to do with the constant spam, nothing to do with all the reasons why people hate them.

I’m so sick of seeing this.

3 Likes

I’ve created a topic on this subject previously.

In the end, closing discussion is pretty much the only way to get it back to what it once was. I understand that may not be fair for the New Members(Or “Members” now) but I think it’d be worth the sacrifice for a portion of the forum not being able to use a category rather than have it basically useless as-is.

1 Like

And want to get the attention diverted to other categories? Pfft, no thanks. Only reason why other categories aren’t yet trashed is because they got #development-discussion to talk in. I don’t need to seep #help-and-feedback filled with ‘Do you think roblox will shutdown in 2022?’.

1 Like

if it gets closed trollers will start posting worse stuff in other topics like #help-and-feedback:scripting-support , I just saw 2 topics that was so innanpropriate as heck in these categories

1 Like

That already happens, I’d rather have one trashy category than both… #help-and-feedback is already almost useless from people that have 0 experience on the subject. That’s a consequence of having the forum public, you will not be able to escape it

1 Like

people already do that lol. I saw some post about some guy asking how to stop skin walkers from joining his game in scripting support

1 Like

Yes and if we close dev disscussion, they will do much more troll post in help and feedback
I mean flagging is doing good already

1 Like

According to your new rules, posting a giveaway should be treated more harshly than posting profanity, I don’t think this should be the case.

1 Like

I agree that they are harsh and definitely flawed. Do you have any solutions that I can add to the OP?

Edit: I just edited my solution to make it less harsh.

A post containing a massive amount of troll replies was just created.

Edit: The post just got take down. But it took them well over an HOUR.

I linked the OP that contained the troll replies on this topic’s OP.

Just in case the post containing the troll replies gets deleted in the future, I screenshoted some of them and put them in the OP.
I really hope DevRel decides to do something about this.

5 Likes

Thanks for letting me know.

Now do me a favor and flag the post I linked please.

1 Like

You were involved in a thread full of troll replies, many that were sent by you..

Cut this out already, I thought this trolling problem was settled for a while.

3 Likes

Yes, I can confirm it.

Don’t troll, guys.
Just flag troll posts, this is the best way.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, it wasn’t. And I have no idea when the issue with troll posts and replies will be taken seriously.

1 Like

It’s called a meme. A meme is an image, video, piece of text, etc., typically humorous in nature, that is copied and spread rapidly by internet users, often with slight variations. From the dictionary.

Bombtasic, you have consistently uploaded spam threads to #development-discussion daily for a while now.

3 Likes