Admin Panel Modern UI Design Feedback

Admin Panel

My upcoming new product features this Admin Panel.
I just need some feedbacks just to make an improvements.

This is very early preview of the UI so some parts aren’t done yet. But what’s your thoughts? :thinking:

Do you like it or hate it or probably more improvements needed

For me, I love how fluent and responsive the UIs are. Some interactions also requires 3d touch actions. Reason to ban and kick also filters. :older_woman::sunglasses:

(Icons from Fluency Icons :wink:)

65 Likes

I really do love this. This is some of the best admin ui I have seen on roblox. The ONLY thing I don’t care for is how in the menu, the home button is white. It just seems a little out of place. But I absolutely love the tween work! People would pay thousands of robux for work like this!

12 Likes

Wow, this looks very good! The animations are very smooth, and I like the style of the UI panel!

9 Likes

Product looks great and Looks very promising! :smile:

8 Likes

sorry for the confusion but the “Home” is white because it’s selected :smiley: (thanks for the feedback :sparkling_heart:)

5 Likes

Hey! I absolutely love how fluid everything is, and the animations when you hover over the different UI-elements. One thing I suggest, Is for the different icons when you hover over a user (eye icon, door-leave icon, hammer icon), I would space it out more and include text for what each icon means.

If I were an admin in-game and were to use this, I think it would be difficult for me to understand what each icon does, and of course over-time you would get used to it, but at first this can be very helpful just for ease.

Otherwise, it looks very good.

7 Likes

The animation on the UI is insane! Never seen anyone do this before!

8 Likes

I really like it! I love how you polished a lot of the UI! There’s really nothing that I could point out that I would change.

100/10

5 Likes

Admin panels should be something that you can access and navigate thru quick, but in yours you have to wait for each animation to finish, wait for a gesture to trigger, etc. All of that takes precious time, and just makes it frustrating to use.

Having it full screen also just means a whole lot of wasted space. All of the UI could fit into a window that would be far more convenient to use.

Also, why are kick/ban/etc reasons filtered? What if the filter stops working? That means you wouldn’t be able to kick a user at all, or what if it keeps incorrectly filtering your reason? You would waste precious time trying to get around the filter. Having a character limit also just seems unnecessary.

Some of the icons also pretty wrong, like the kick and ban icons (why is a paintbrush icon being used to indicate a ban??).

The close button in the menu is pretty ambiguous; does it close the menu? or the entire panel?
The buttons being greyed out would make the user think that the buttons are unavailable while they can still press them and they still do their intended action.
And what’s the point in making the user move their cursor so far just to access a menu? Making it a drop down instead of a different page would be far better and more convenient for the user.

tl;dr it’s needlessly overengineered, would work far better as just a draggable window, and is not very intuitive at times (mobile gestures like hold do not work as well on desktop!).
The UI looks pretty good at least, aside from the incorrect icons.

10 Likes

This looks really cool. Literally almost like a CoreGui. I like all the effects and animations, but maybe make them a little faster?

4 Likes

Looks clean and fresh. Not overly complicated UI or multiple tabs, but very modern and slick look to it.

4 Likes

Very cool. God, because of you, I’m redesigning my entire admin interface :rofl:

I do love the enterance tweens for the buttons

3 Likes

I love it, looks great! My only feedback is animations sometimes look a bit rough, especially on the kick menu.

4 Likes

Overall pretty nice UI and animations, definitely needs some improvement though. If you care for actual feedback, you can read the below, otherwise just disregard.

It feels very slow and unresponsive, especially when you click a playername on the main screen, or wait for player / kick / ban screen to come up.
When you entered in that kick reason, that window containing the reason also changed size at weird times, from a UX perspective it was very confusing. It was like after you locked in the reason and the window changed colors and such, it took a while before the window turned big again.

Lastly the navigation menu is pretty lacking in readability and design compared to the rest of the UI, it really doesn’t feel like it’s apart of the same package.

5 Likes

I do love the animations of the admin panel, and the looks of it as well. However, with that look and animations comes a problem, which is making it slow. An admin panel is supposed to be accessed quickly, so the administrator can quickly take action against someone. But the animations on the admin panel will slow that process down. Other than that, I love the overall design of the admin UI.

4 Likes

Thanks for the whole lots of feedbacks! The paintbrush you were saying it’s actually a sledgehammer :sob: (but it’s okyy)

My actual first prototype is actually in a window with opaque background however it seems very hard to see what’s going on in the background and I don’t want the look of the UI that’s very cramped.

I implemented a characters limit just to not overwhelm the player bc the textbox expands when you got into multiple lines making the buttons offscreen.

I just now realized for the menu items, yeah it feels like the other icons are prohibited and the animation for them is only in that menu panel but nowhere to be seen in the other parts making it inconsistent.

Wdym by drop-down? I was thinking with a flick of keyboard key would also fire Menu panel.

I made my own system on the 3d touch action and they work pretty great on other devices.

4 Likes

It really isn’t that much slower.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I also want to change the UI design of the menu since it’s very inconsistent.

When you click on the player the profile of them will be quickly show up but if you hold on them you will see a quick buttons, that hold action might be helpful if you’re having a kicking or banning wave.

The textbox when it scales down because of unfinished filtering, it will scales up when it’s done.

The delays, I’ll work on it!

2 Likes

Seems like my eyes are finally giving up on me :sob:

By drop down I meant these menus:
image image

They’re still pretty unintuitive to a desktop user imo… since holds (or 3D touch actions as you’re calling it) aren’t standard on desktop UIs. Or at least I haven’t seen any utilize it the same way as mobile UIs do.

3 Likes

exe’s Product Development Update! :chart_with_upwards_trend:

Thanks guys for everyone who share their thoughts and everyone you really helped me to get the ‘exe’ Admin Panel improve! :sparkling_heart:

Preview of ‘exe’ Admin Panel :iphone:

Main Menu :page_with_curl: - Where you can browse and control players.
Close button is now exposed for easier and faster escape.

Profile Menu :bust_in_silhouette: - Control and learn about the profile of the player.
New ‘Notify’, ‘Bring’, & ‘Follow’ functionality.

Notify Player :bell: - You can inform or warn a player with this control
You can edit the text, and its duration. (Max duration is configurable)

Menu :video_game: - Switch pages to display different powerful controls.
UI is more consistent. (Button position slightly follows your cursor for shorter cursor travel)

Dashboard :pager: - Different server related controls to help even more with your moderation.

Locking Server will halt new players to join in. (Players with the Admin Panel is not included to the lock however this is configurable)

Server Announcement :loudspeaker: - Server announcement will fire a full-screen text to inform all of the players in the server.

Server Announcement Appearance:

Unban Panel :broom: - This menu will help you to unban players. This may warn you if you type a username with no owners.

That’s all! I’m up for the feedbacks! Before I release the Product: exe

Upcoming Updates: Credit page, Tool Manager

Thanks, everyone! :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes