Adopt Me: On iPhone 13, a black bar appears on the wrong side of the screen, preventing gameplay

Reproduction Steps

Repro Steps:

1. Load into Adopt Me using an iPhone 13 with the latest OS
  2. Observe orientation of the screen and the location of a black bar at the top of the screen
  3. Observe location of the camera notch on the phone (behind the camera notch is a hidden UI element)

Expected Behavior

The black bar should be appearing where the camera notch on the phone is, which would push the hidden UI element onto the screen and allow the player to access it.

See above image of the intended location of the black bar (right side of the screen)

Actual Behavior

Players have a black bar that covers the top of the screen. This bar should appear on the right side of the screen instead so that the expanding arrow (which contains UI elements) isn’t covered by the camera notch.

See above screenshot of a phone and observe that the camera notch obscures the UI element.

Issue Area: Mobile App
Issue Type: Display
Impact: Critical
Frequency: Constantly

5 Likes

This happens for every game I play, not just adopt me. I’m fairly certain this is because the engine still thinks we’re still in portrait mode. Orientation to a different direction fixes the issue.

1 Like

This happens to me when in landscape as well.

(iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16.0)

1 Like

Pretty sure this is a bug. I’ve played on an iPhone 11 before and the black bar appears near the notch, preventing UI from being hidden behind the notch. This isn’t normal

1 Like

This issue has already been documented in an existing bug report and is not exclusive to Adopt Me or iPhone 13. (iOS 16 is the cause) Please contribute to the existing one instead of creating a new post. The notch bar moves on orientation change

2 Likes

Thanks for the report. Can you confirm the issue has been resolved for you? @balouxs