Advanced Camera Light Plugin

Hey there! I’m back with another plugin!

Plugin

Purpose

So I’ve been using a plugin called Camera Light for quite a while now. And while I loved using it, I eventually became increasingly frustrated that I couldn’t do something as simple as setting its brightness without having to dig through the workspace.

So I created my own version which gave more control to the user.

This plugin works by attaching a light source to your camera. The light source follows you around your studio, and can provide some much-needed light, especially when you don’t want to place down light sources. Because if you’re anything like me, you’ll forget to remove them later. :confused:

I tried to keep the feel and look of the plugin as close to the original version as possible, while also adding my own twist.

Features

Summary

The default menu takes up a little bit of corner space in the top left of your screen. On its own, it features the ability to change the light source type (PointLight, SpotLight, SurfaceLight), as well as the brightness of the light object.
There is also a ‘Preferences’ button which extends the menu for some more advanced settings.

When you extend the preferences menu, you gain access to configure even more options of the light including:

• Range
  • Angle (though it only affects SpotLight and SurfaceLight)
  • Brick Size X (or the Size.X of the brick that holds the light)
  • Brick Size Y (or the Size.Y of the brick that holds the light)

Open-Sourced!

I’m still very new to GitHub, but I’ve attempted to upload the source to GitHub. What you find here is about 99% of what you will find in the plugin (unless the change is very minor and/or I forget).
Here’s the link!

Why not a DockWidget?

I’ve had that question asked to me from several different people. The simple reason (for now), is that it doesn’t seem to work properly. The framework for the dock is all there (though I need to fix it slightly), but the dock just doesn’t seem to be working with me at the moment. Once the issue is fixed, I’ll be adding DockWidget support. :smile:

Cheers! :raised_hands:

26 Likes

Can there be an option where we can hide the GUI? I wanna create some nice shots with the camera light. Thanks.