Advanced Melee Combat System Feedback

Always being a huge fan of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, I decided to make a combat system very similar to it in Roblox, and it is almost ready. Before adding finishing touches I want to get feedback on how I can improve this combat system, or what else would you like to see in it.

Features ready now:

1. Combos - If player hits right after previous hit ends, he can quickly start swinging again. Otherwise he has to wait a little (0.3 seconds) before doing next attack. Those miliseconds are critical in battle, so this encourages player to time his hits and try to do combos instead of regular attacks.

2. Parrying - Pressing RMB prompts player to parry. Parry lasts only for 0.5 seconds, so it has to be timed right, to block opponent’s hit. Additionally, while parrying, you need to position your weapon in a way so that it actually physically blocks opponent’s sword, or the parry can be bypassed.

3. Torso Rotation - Just like in Chivalry, WASD are player’s legs, while Mouse is player’s Torso. Using this knowledge right enables players to dodge attacks, speed or slow down their own attacks to throw off opponent’s parry timing, and more.

Features To Be Added:

1. Kick - Kicking will be used to create some distance and use it to your advantage.

2. Two Handed Weapons and Throwables.

3. Stamina

P.S. Feinting will not be added, because it makes combat a guessing game, instead of it being skill based.

Please leave your honest feedback and suggestions, also tell me in what kind of game would you like to see this, simple combat (Team Objective, Capture The Flag, FFA) game, or RPG, or maybe something else?

8 Likes