Note: The project is still at the Pre-Alpha state. While the core systems are ready, this is still quite far away from becoming a playable game!
Hi fellow developers!
I believe I told to the Developer Relations (well, in my application of course) that one of the reasons I wanted to be in the Developer Forum is that I want to learn. To become better than what I am now.
On my introduction post, I stated that…
It’s time to grab said opportunity and to use that golden tool. And what is better than having the best reviewing my work?
Ok, so let’s to the game/project!
I believe that you guys like to see new things.
Before I thought in making a Sci-Fi battle game. But no thanks, that idea is very common.
So I decided to add the component of racing. There, you have two tasks (win the race and stay alive - or win the race and leave a lot of debris behind), and two main ways to win the round (be the fastest or shoot down the opponents). That’s the concept of my project.
I was not as comfortable with scripting when I started more than a year ago, neither I thought that I would get to this point. Hence, it sounds pointless to me to stop now.
So, as a pre-Alpha state right now, what do we have?
- Choose between five vessels to drive;
- Customize (right now, paint) the vessel to your like;
- Drive it! I made a sample track;
I also have:
- In game Update Logs! (yeay…)
- Mouse Controls! Great!
- A nice Control Editor, so that you can control the ship the way you feel the most comfortable.
Features that I want to make in the future (from top to bottom, from short term goals to long term goals):
- Create a dedicated tutorial to make the experience even more immersive;
- Make the camera react more dynamically to direction and speed changes;
- Create artillery and hull health systems;
- Matchmaking and racing rounds;
- Currency and progression system;
- (Perhaps?) Create a Track Editor!
These are the ones set by default!
Control the ship: Press the right mouse button and drag. Q and E to roll;
Control the speed: For the cruise speed. either drag the speed bar or use the mouse wheel; For the afterburners, press the spacebar or click the button in the middle of the panel.
Emergency Brakes: X
Move Camera: Left mouse button and drag it.
Zoom: Shift + mouse wheel
Reset Camera to original Position: C
Please enjoy. I’d love to hear your feedback!