After playtest, Studio 3D viewport is permanently detached and studio must be restarted

Steps:

• press F5 for Play test
  • press the Stop button to return
  • studio will exit the test, and you are left with a very confusing layout; the 3D view is missing, nothing is interactable, and if you minimize the window then you can see the non-interactable 3D viewport as a separate entity on the taskbar and desktop.
  • the only way I’ve found to fix this is to restart studio entirely.

The bug does not happen every time.

Today I was able to reproduce this a few times in a row by opening 2 baseplate places in separate studio instances, and having 2 scripts open in each before testing on the 2nd baseplate.

I started noticing this bug a couple days ago.

Windows 10
Studio Version 0.621.0.6210527 (64bit)
Latest Studio version available 0.621.0.6210527
I’ve restarted my computer between sessions

This infamous bug was squashed for a while. It has come back. Here is an old thread:

3 Likes

Do you have any beta features enabled? In particular, I’m curious to know if the faster play solo and/or updated docking system betas are enabled.

Active features:

• Dragger QoL Improvements
  • EditableImage and EditableMesh
  • Material Generator
  • Notched Screen Support
  • Updated Roblox Controls
  • Upgrade Shorelines
  • Video Uploads

Notably I have not activated these yet:

• Updated Docking System
  • New Studio Camera Controls
  • Faster Play Solo

Auto-Enable Upcoming Features is Off

Any specific repro steps? Is this consistent for you? I’m not able to get a reproduction of it

I’d love to be the one to narrow down consistent repro steps. Since it doesn’t happen every time, and some days it happens multiple times in a row, best I can do is give an update on what I was doing the next time it occurs :pensive:

ive been having this bug for months, im not sure what’s causing it

https://gyazo.com/faf290105a6dfacfeff33b3ff5cbddc0

2 Likes

This is a different bug. We pushed a new update to the docking system this week to decrease the chance of this one occurring. It was caused by a combination of having a lot of plugins and some bad luck. Hopefully our update resolves your issues.