AI Generated Thumbnail

hey hi hello I’m Dev,

I am too lazy and cheap to buy a gfx so I attempted to make one with AI. Not for any particular game, although I had an FPS in mind. I came up with these.

They are not great, but with work I can clean them up. Do you think they will catch peoples eyes?

okay bye now

6 Likes

Okay now you’ve just switched my whole entire mindset on AI generated images

5 Likes

What was your mindset before? Bad? Good?

1 Like

The 4th one in the 4th image (The one with the dude with grey army) looks the best, I’d definitely click on it. I recommend adjusting it a little.

2 Likes

although this is kind of why ai has a long way to go before surpassing any artists, it’s still a really cool demo we got here!!! since ai isnt trained to know any color theory composition or any other design rule for that matter, i dont think this would catch any eyes afaik
these honestly all look like mobile game covers of cheap unity games, learning gfx isnt all that hard and I learned how to do some stuff with only like 5 videos
for now youll have to learn how to refine these or make some stuff yourself, I would recommend the latter option, still very cool though lol

4 Likes

… It don’t looks like Roblox or realistic, only the first image looks good but you need a backround.

As I said, no, except maybe the first if you add a backround.

I hope you aren’t too lazy to create a backround by yourself.

We’re on the DevForum, so… It looks evident.

Just curiosity

How did you do that?

2 Likes

I’ve tried to do this before! the website to do this is here

1 Like

Haha this website is so fun to use!! How you found this website?

I think he found it by tons of people making videos on it, it was very very popular a few months ago.

2 Likes

As I said, I can edit them to clean them up. Laziness was a joke. It actually took some effort to get these results. And when I say “I’m Dev” thats because my display name used to be “I_Developer”

1 Like

I would recommend you use Bing’s AI image generator DALLE 3, it works way better and its what all of the big games on the front page with AI thumbnails use, this is what i got when searching “Roblox character flying in the sky shooting fireballs at a crowd battling with a green thunderstorm surrounding the big character”

edit: here is the website

2 Likes

Thanks, AI has come quite a ways since I made this post for sure

Wow! I would play this:

3 Likes

Yeah man… You could probably make your own.

as an artist I am simply amazed but also discouraged but also amazed y’know what I mean

2 Likes

These AI-Generated thumbnails look nice, artificial intelligence has evolved by A LOT since this topic was created.

1 Like

I am against using AI images, but if I were to ignore that, these do have a little bit of a potential to catch eyes, but they need quite a bit of work.

Yeah I’ve been looking around and it’s really amazing too!