[AJHS] Advanced Jail and Handcuff System (v1.2.4.2)

Sure, I’ll make it a new config option in the next update.

2 Likes

Thank you for going trough the pain of listing all your suggestions and bugs! I’ll add as much of these features in the next update.

1 Like

Hello there, I just got the system in my game and I can not arrest anyone, is this just me not knowing what I’m doing? It probably is, what should I do?

Sounds like you don’t have API requests enabled.

I just found out after some testing that the current cuff system relies on setting player walkspeed and jump power to 0 whenever a person is detained which is completely unreliable when you have a weapon system like ACS in your game regardless if you’re using R6 as well as setting walkspeed and jumpower is very very unreliable in games with sprint as well because sprinting scripts change player walkspeed and break the cuffing script sometimes.

can a more reliable method of freezing/stopping player movement and jumping out of the booking seat be used please?

try userinputservice or contextaction please

Please don’t post this on the discord and forum one of them is good enough. Again, ACS makes changes to walkSpeed and JumpPower when laying down etc. Aka I can’t do anything about it.

Update to version 1.2.2

New Features:

• R15 Compatibility has finally been added. Just select the avatar setting you’d like in the Roblox Game settings menu and everything will work fine! (Pay attention to what version of the cuffing animation you’re using though)

• Discord webhook logging. You can now use the build-in logging system by changing the DiscordWebhookLink config option.

-Jan.

To use the new features you need to remove the old system from your game and then add the model to your game again. If you experience any issues please join our communication server and make a ticket.

2 Likes

I did have it enabled, even still it did not work.

Do you see any errors in the console? And can you send a screenshot of your config?

Just thought you’d like to know that your system lacks massive security features and allows for exploits such as deletion of all player tools, infinite cuffing, release all players, cuff all players, etc.

You’ve secured only a small portion of your system and haven’t actually secured the real connections/remotes. There are also game-crashing level exploits for users who do have the tool since you expect that every group who uses your system wouldn’t just give out cuffs to most players.

Examples can be found below :

You have a Weld Check here but it’s never put to use therefore an authenticated user spamming the remote results in game crashing within a few minutes based off of physics lag (weld spamming)

This entire script has absolutely 0 authentication checks whatsoever

MAJOR EXPLOIT : Delete all instances in a parent. Because you have 0 authenticity checks on the ‘CuffedPlr’ instance, an exploiter can take a look at your internal system and then send a request like so :

ReleasePlayerEvent:FireServer({
 Character = Target.Character,
 ToolsNotInUse = workspace,
 Backpack = game.ReplicatedStorage -- parent to remove the instance entirely, can probably be nil aswell
})

And then boom, just like that all of those instances in the workspace are entirely deleted and you have your :FindFirstChild(‘IsDetained’) check at the very end so not even an error can break it. By the time it errors out the damage will be done.

Security is the #1 priority when releasing a public and open sourced system. Do better for your users, not easier for yourself.

1.2.2 Security patch

New Features:

• All security vulnerabilities have been fixed. Special thanks to @oSudden for pointing them out.

-Jan.

To use the new features you need to remove the old system from your game and then add the model to your game again. If you experience any issues please join our communication server and make a ticket.

1.2.2 Bug fix

New Features:

• A critical bug has been fixed in the jail release code.

-Jan.

To use the new features you need to remove the old system from your game and then add the model to your game again. If you experience any issues please join our communication server and make a ticket. (You can also fix the issue by simply replacing the script in Workspace/CuffSystem with the new one in the model).

2 Likes

Update to version 1.2.3

Changelog:

• The warrant system has been added.
  • New MDT GUI and features. (The old one has been removed).
  • Mobile arrest function has been added. (This is a config option).
  • Most GUI is now mobile compatible.
  • The new permission system has been added and the old one was removed.
  • A ton of new config options have been added. (You can now change the name of tools, ACS safeguard and a lot more)!
  • Minor bug fixes.

Announcement.

We at Green Bean Studio wish to continue the development of many great open source systems, however due to our system being free to use we don’t have any budget to do so. Therefore we have decided to start the development of AHJS premium. A paid version of the free to use one. This version will include access to: License plate system, Citation system, and an ID system. We haven’t decided on it’s price and release date yet. Just to be clear. We will continue the support and updates for the free version. In fact we plan on making it much better, with the earnings of AHJS premium.

Reminder.

During the development of AHJS premium you can donate to support our hard work. You can do so at the following places: Green Bean Studio - Roblox (Robux donations). janpieterkes (Real money donations).

I’d like to thank everyone for joining us on this amazing journey!
-Jan.

1 Like

Update to version 1.2.3.5

Changelog:

• The many requested Team option for the permission config has been added. For more information please read the perm information in the Config.
  • Bug fixes.

-Jan.

To use the new features you need to remove the old system from your game and then add the model to your game again. If you experience any issues please join our communication server and make a ticket. (It’s also possible to use the new update after replacing the following scripts; Workspace.Script, Workspace.Config, ServerScriptService.DataStoreForCuffsOnly, ServerScriptService.CuffSystem).

Update to version 1.2.3.6

Changelog:

• Major bug fix in confiscate script.

-Jan.

To use the new features you need to remove the old system from your game and then add the new model to your game again. If you experience any issues please join our communication server and make a ticket. (It’s also possible to use the new update after replacing the following script; StarterGui.CuffGUI.Localscript).

1.2.3.6 Hotfix

Changelog:

1. Minor bug fix in phone GUI handler.

-Jan.

To use the new features you need to remove the old system from your game and then add the new model to your game again. If you experience any issues please join our communication server and make a ticket. (It’s also possible to use the new update after replacing the following LocalScript; StarterGui.PhoneGui.PhoneHandler).

1 Like

Amazing system. Is it possible to make a ProximityPrompt appear whenever a seat is near? So you can put the detainee inside of that seat?

Yes, that would be a good addition to the system. However, it would take some extra copy and pasting to set it up. So I’m a little afraid to add it, as we will most likely be overwhelmed with support requests.

1 Like

Oh ok. Maybe you could use CollectionService? So that you could tag only seats you want detainees to be put in?

Anyways, I hope this gets added :grin:

Update to version 1.2.4.1

Changelog:

• Custom ProximityPrompts have been added, you can now use a ProximityPrompt to detain someone. Note: You can still click someone to detain them.
  • The permission handling has been updated to work with team changers.
  • Major backend changes and minor bug fixes.

-Jan.

To use the new features you need to remove the old system from your game and then add the new model to your game again. If you experience any issues please join our communications server and make a support ticket.