ALL Badges are Gone (On Profiles)

sad times in robloxia lands :((

8 Likes

I know. I can’t see my Homestead badge anymore :no_mouth:

7 Likes

Pretty sure this is just a website bug since badges are still in my inventory

Nvm, It seems like I’ve lost all my old badges since I used to have over 1k now i only have 4 pages full.

12 Likes

You can still see all 100 page of yours badge with the Roblox API

https://badges.roblox.com/v1/users/<USER_ID>/badges?limit=100&sortOrder=Asc

6 Likes

Not even 4 pages full, the fourth page is only 1/3 full.

(30 on page 1, 30 on 2, 30 on 3, and 10 on 4 = 100 badges visible in total)

4 Likes

Unfortunately you’re only able to see the first and last 100 badges using that API endpoint as the cursor parameter doesn’t appear to be working as intended at the moment.

7 Likes

A ton of my older badges are gone, it only goes to 1/3 full of page 4, about to the badges I got in July 2020, everything before that is gone. And my badges like homestead are gone.

3 Likes

If I go to a friend’s profile, all their roblox badges are gone but they have their game badges

And so are mine:

and yes i have friends

8 Likes

I really hope this wasn’t intentional. Badges are able to give players extra things to do in games, and now they’re gone. I had THOUSANDS of badges (although probably about half of them are from badge walks), and now almost all of them are gone. Also, what about badge walks? People have spent thousands upon thousands of robux on them, and players have spent a lot of time on these games to collect badges. They are even whole GROUPS of people who collect badges. And now all that time and robux is gone.

(if this update was intended of course lol)

11 Likes

The only thing that concerns me about the official Roblox badges is the administrator badge. Many new players have been told to check someone’s badges before believing they’re an admin. Now that the admin badge is gone, there isn’t really any way to verify if someone is an admin other than looking at their groups and trying to find the Roblox admin group.

8 Likes

I find it weird that it is exactly 100, this may (or still may not) be intentional OR Roblox will have some new feature with badges and they are currently doing something at the moment, testing, idk? If they remove it I will be mad.

5 Likes

I think Roblox is trying to phase away from these old badges as a whole and I do not believe that this is a bug. Transparency from them on changes like this would be helpful in a sense…

5 Likes

I think that might be a separate problem from what is listed here. I don’t believe it is possible to gain that badge more than once.

4 Likes

Well if this is the case, a little heads-up would have been nice!

3 Likes

I don’t see the point of removing the administrator badge since it helped people recognize administrators.

It also seems that the majority of my player badges are missing from my inventory, but if I go to a page of a badge that was missing from my inventory, it still says I own it, it just doesn’t show in my inventory.

Also if badge duplication was the reason why they removed the official Roblox badges, then why couldn’t they fix it? I’m still unsure how hard it’d be to fix it though.

13 Likes

I can successfully reproduce this on the latest version of Firefox, with Windows 8.1 64-bit.

4 Likes

If this were intentional rather than a bug then it removes yet another way of advertising for small developers. Many games used Badges to advertise on people’s profile- this is a fairly effective way to maintain growth after an initial ad run or sponsorship. For the cost of just 100R$ you were able to have a permanent advertisement across many players accounts and inventories. I believe this should be either fixed or reverted immediately because of this.

Edit: I can verify this happens on Android, iPhones, and on Windows pc.

11 Likes

Yeah and I have appeared to lost all my badges i earned from Last year as Well when i checked my Inventory.

3 Likes

Hi! We are aware of this and working on a fix. Thank you for your patience :pray:

56 Likes

The reason for this is because you have BTRoblox installed. If you disable it, it doesn’t show player badges at all.

I personally think that if they remove badges like this, there is no point in having badges in your games. This should be fixed asap.

7 Likes