ALL Badges are Gone (On Profiles)

I don’t think the points M_caw made should be dismissed because gullibility, like every other personality trait, is a spectrum. Making broad assumptions about groups of millions of people (including children and adults) shouldn’t be normalized. I understand where you’re coming from though, you’re likely well versed in internet security and so is everyone in your immediate social circle, so you guys don’t realize how many gullible people there are and to what degree they would be.

The overarching problem here is that Roblox is doing a poor job at identifying moderators/staff since their status not clearly labeled on their profile, somewhere users will be able to look at immediately upon visiting & say “oh, they’re actually an admin” or vice versa.

This is just rude and was an unnecessary comment. The devforum should expect better from their community leads

13 Likes

But I can’t see anyone’s inventory?! Also Rolimons still can see people’s limiteds so that’s weird.

1 Like

Yes, BTRoblox adds that. So basically roblox just deleted all badges. I don’t see a negative part about badges, but oh well, one of the best features on the website is gone. /shrug

2 Likes

Yes I know, this was from a while ago, and thought it would be good to share it.

1 Like

I apologize if I wasn’t clear. If you reread, nobody here is dismissing anything because of users being gullible, nor is anyone making broad assumptions about how gullible people are.

My statement is simple; the people who currently fall for scams do not know to check if the sender has the admin badge, and if they did, they wouldn’t fall for scams. Further, if they know to check for the badge, they must know that people might be trying to trick them, so they would not immediately assume the scam is real if they can’t find an admin badge. It’s more likely they would fall for these scams because of fake admin groups and official-looking bios than this badge temporarily being missing. The admin badge is only useful to people who are already actively aware of risks, which the people who fall for these scams are not.

Therefore, the visibility of this badge does not impact the people who already currently fall for these scams or are at risk of these scams, and passionate essays about “badge gone; kids will suffer”, and over-worded retorts are excessive. Does this make more sense? :slight_smile:

Let us keep a grasp on the real scale of issues. This forum is getting noisy enough. Support a feature request if you feel passionately about the need for a better admin badge on profile pages.

2 Likes

Maybe I’m just built different, but I don’t see how any of their retorts are “over-worded”. At most it’ll take 30 seconds to read through it in the absence of a condition like dyslexia. I suppose this is a matter of opinion though. Your post here does help prove my point that there is an existing issue where users have to scroll down to check for a (currently non existent) badge to verify admin status, which leads into this:

Sure thing

4 Likes

roblox even removed all of the game badges on the profile

1 Like

I’m late, but I think they will be added back in the future with updated icons or something.

1 Like

Oh yes, I also saw that you can not view people’s inventory, even though it is public.

2 Likes

uhhhh… i used to have like 20 pages of badges but now its only 4

1 Like

No they’re right there. Only the roblox badges were removed.

1 Like

The only Youtuber with such claims is the Youtuber Shakblox- who in this instance has made a claim without the evidence to back it up.

Staff have confirmed that this is an unintentional bug and they are working on fixing the issue.

4 Likes

If this is a new update to the website I can just say I already hate it and there is no point to removing the player badges off their profile.

1 Like

can you go back to page 2 and 3?

1 Like

2 Likes

Do you have a plugin like BTRoblox or Roblox+ installed? Try disabling them temporarily and see if you can still see player badges. I am still unable to see them on my profile.

1 Like

this one is my alt and im not even logged in

1 Like

1 Like

I am not caught up on this but why did roblox have to remove badges?

1 Like

This is an unintentional bug, staff confirmed that this change was not intentional two days ago:

2 Likes