All Runservice Events are VERY laggy in Roblox Studio

Im trying to stop the lag that I am receiving in Roblox Studio when using Runservice Events, the game runs perfectly smoothly in team test and in Roblox, but in Roblox Studio it is laggy.

It sometimes is less laggy and sometimes more laggy, however there is always a bit of lag.

I have looked for several solutions in the forums but all of them were related to poor optimisation, or glitches. I do not think this is the case in my game as all my scripts combined use up 4% in script performance, and the game runs perfectly smoothly in both team test and Roblox itself.

I am using this in a MacBook Air, which might be the cause for this since it seems like it’s likely to be an engine bug. Please tell me if I am posting this in the wrong category, as I am not sure if I am, since I remember there being a engine bugs category but I cant find it.

An old problem with the preference files on Studio somehow just takes too much space. There are some Studio bug reports that trace to this similar issue.

The editor is perfectly fine, however when testing the game inside Roblox Studio, the run service events only occur around 5 to 10 times a second, rather than the 60 in normal Roblox or team test. The editor is working perfectly otherwise, its just that the run service events are broken.

I noticed an issue similar to this. I was working on a very complicated FPS game with lots of action and code running at once and I ran into a bug where a wait(1) statement would wait for way too long. I assumed it was indefinite because in some of my test it would wait for many hours.

In the end I found out that it only occurred in Studio, but only after days of researching and troubleshooting.