All Skinned Meshes are Invisible

Reproduction Steps
Join this game or import a Skinned Mesh via Avatar Importer (Custom option.)

Expected Behavior
Our game Horse Valley have horses and they looked fine a few hours ago. Now, they are all invisible.

Actual Behavior
Skinned Meshes imported via the Avatar Importer (custom option selected) are rendered invisible.

This happens to both existing meshes and meshes we try to import now.

Might be related to this: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/unable-to-see-custom-sea-meshpart/1431177

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Display
Impact: Critical
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-08-23 00:08:00 (+02:00)

EDIT: It seems to only affect skinned meshes imported through the “Custom” option. Imports through R15 or Rthro are fine.

6 Likes

This has happened as Viewports have crashed and most (From my experience and others) images, Viewports, parts of imported meshes, and imported textures are unable to be seen my players and developers. (I don’t know much about this situation but from what I am hearing this is what I have come up with. !DM me if I got something wrong!)

2 Likes

Might be related to this.

I’m receiving reports of this issue in my game as well. We use skinned meshes for a creature in our game, and it is now invisible for all players.

Edit: I cannot currently check this but I suspect this is a flag that was flipped, as the issues are only appearing on new servers / client sessions.

4 Likes

As mentioned in this post, it may have to do with whether the skinned MeshPart is a client-only (local) part vs. the part existing on the server (the local skinned MeshParts being the ones that do not appear).

2 Likes

We’re experiencing similar issues. Skinned mesh horse models and sails are completely invisible. It’s making the game unplayable.

2 Likes

This is not true, simply importing the custom skinned meshes will result in them not being rendered, whether on server or client. You can inspect this in studio:
S15_Lola_IPose.fbx (639.2 KB)
LolaS1StarterCharacter.rbxl (28.9 KB)

2 Likes

This should be working as expected again, thanks for your patience.

9 Likes