Allow Custom Links on Creator Page

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to connect to sites that are actually useful for my work. Nobody is using Facebook and Twitter is on its way to being useless with how it handles art and links. Youtube and Twitch are good but niche for video creators and not many game developers have video creation tool knowledge.

I could suggest specific links (Discord, Artstation, Guilded, Bluesky, personal sites, etc), but I think a better way forwards would be to allow us to link our own links in this spot. Custom links also keeps things future-proof in case a social site shuts down.

I can already post links to my Artstation in my creator description (though I’m certain people skim that), and any “untrusted” links have a warning popup absolving Roblox of any wrongdoing.

The Creator Page is set up really well and this small change is an easy win that benefits everyone while keeping the layout consistent.

4 Likes

Hey,

Thanks for the feedback here! Right now the team is focused on Group revenue, permissions, and other areas where we believe there is a better return on investment for creators. Having said that, I agree with the thoughts here, so we’ll stick this in our backlog!

2 Likes

Hi Jed!

Thank you and your team for the dedication to a strong Talent Hub - I agree that the social links are less of a priority when I can just include them in my creator description, especially in regards to the other needs you mentioned. I have used the Talent Hub as both client and contractor since its inception, and if your team has any questions about how I’m using the platform, I’m here to help in any way that’d benefit.

Best of luck with future features!

I asked for essentially this last year, at that time you said this:

Since then, “Notable Brand Developers” have since had a chance to show their own websites. I acknowledge the fact these are manually hardcoded to specific group IDs, but why does Roblox not provide this as a feature to everyone?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.