Allow developers to upload Audio via the Game Explorer

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to upload multiple audios at a time.

Audio is not only required to be uploaded via the Website, but it takes a lengthy amount of time for it to be uploaded yet also moderated. Fetching the ids of Audios is also a hardship in which developers have to endure.

My proposition to this is that developers should be allowed to use the Game Explorer to upload multiple Audios at a time with it being moderated and bought. Additionally, this would allow developers to use the rbxgameasset:// url for their Audios in the SoundIds of the Sound Instances.

Many developers I believe would have a usecase for this, as they might have a background music for many areas in a vast game experience or different sound effects for immersion.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I’d be able to add many Sounds to my game at ease.

21 Likes

I want to be able to add sounds to my game from here

Do I really still have to go to the website to upload a sound?

13 Likes

Support for this. I may be uploading hundreds of audio files soon for a game I may work on, and I can already imagine it is going to take a very long time with the current system of uploading audio.

4 Likes

I absolutely second this. Adding a bunch of footsteps, world effects, ambient sounds, etc at a time is impossible, instead I have to individually upload each via the site. This significantly hurts my workflow in sound design, and has likely cost me hours of development time over the years I’ve been using Roblox Studio.

1 Like

Note that for many advance users, the price of the audio is relatively trivial. Would love to see the bulk price be displayed, or even just auto-accepted.

When we’re paying $25/hour, we’ve already lost more money from the cost of uploading individually, than we might have by accidentally spending some extra Robux.

This is doubly true when you consider Robux is worth 35% to us, than it is to the rest of Roblox’s community.

6 Likes