Looking Forward in 2020: This Year's Developer Roadmap

yes, thats what it does. this feature is showcased in the FiB builds on github.

this also means that SpotLight, Pointlight, and SurfaceLight do exactly what you’d expect them to do, and look a lot more realistic

8 Likes

im so glad FiB V3 wasnt forgotten!!! cant wait to use the new lights in all my builds :heart:

7 Likes

Oh my. I don’t have words for this, I was never expecting this. This is genuinely amazing.

5 Likes

Hopefully this
has an effect on xbox content guidelines
:::

Drug reference, language and gambling I understand… but even a meager amount of blood can exclude games from XBox. A game can also be excluded from the xbox market for being remotely “frightening”, which is a bummer.

23 Likes

I absolutely love this roadmap and I’m just as hyped as everyone else but what happened to the moderation overhaul that was mentioned in RDC 2019, we really need it

7 Likes

Oh damn this roadmap looks real good, so many great things planned!

One update exclusively caught my attention:
unknown-2
Legitimately, something that I’ve been waiting for!
It seems like my feature request was fulfilled

12 Likes

Large Object Stores Store in-game player creations and other large objects with ease.

Long live sandbox games!!!

21 Likes

I LOVE THIS! It’s so good that I can see what is coming forward in the future!

4 Likes

Transactions? Between players? You mean we may be on our way towards smooth player-to-player donations— hermm payments. And on the Creator Talent Hub. Is this a new page on the website, a category on the forums or a game that a moderator has decided to make in their free time? More explanation would be helpful.

Edit:
We’ve got some clarification that, in fact, the Creator Talent Hub will be a replacement for the Recruitment category on the forums.
Check this out:

4 Likes

Things I’m waiting for this year.
1: Custom Materials
2: MaterialsService
3: Layered 3D Clothing
4: Procedural Skies
5: Future is Bright v3

Honestly this year is great for Roblox, again

17 Likes

I will make a party the day roblox launch Cloud scripts

6 Likes

I love the Road Map. These new Features look cool.

4 Likes

No, this is good, maybe even GREAT.

4 Likes

Oh… my hopes were dashed but rekindled at the same time. Hopefully content ratings will allow an appropriate divide of games and the content they cover as we tailor more to audiences of all ages. Not implying that things current disallowed should be overturned, rather more relaxed.

That does make more sense though!

7 Likes

I honestly feel that this is highly unlikely.

When leaderboard player points stats were removed, they’ve promised a replacement, yet nothing.

Is there any confirmation we will actually get on the roadmap?

4 Likes

Is it just me or does it say that a new Create page is coming this year?

2 Likes

This may be already suggested but one amazing feature to see is support for 120+ FPS.

Now, I’m a new developer so idk if 120+ FPS would mess up any scripts or the engine’s physics, I just think it would be an amazing feature to add to make the gaming experience richer.

And obviously other features on the list are important too, I just wanted to point out my suggestion for consideration :slight_smile:

11 Likes

These new features look amazing. Very excited for the fog especially. Feel like it’ll be just like the grass and the brightness update, a very well needed update. Can’t wait! :grinning:

3 Likes

This is all great, I can’t wait for the video to be accessible to developers. But, I also think that you guys should add a better ad system. Meaning longer ad time periods, that’d help a lot instead of running an ad for one day.

1 Like

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

8 Likes