Allow for non-dynamic UGC heads

It has come to my attention that a new limit has been placed on dynamic heads REQUIRING for a specific percentage of movement to be present in a dynamic head’s face.
It was already difficult enough to make a non-dynamic head but this just makes it even worse.

As a Roblox developer and UGC creator, i find the new required threshold for emoting on a custom head to be insanely limiting and creatively stifling, more than one might think. There’s certain avatars that either realistically CANNOT have moving faces, or stylistically people just don’t want it on the body they’re making.

Roblox is all about creativity, and creative freedom is a big point of it, so why limit us with such a specific thing? what if the avatar character doesn’t even have a face?

Not everyone wants facial tracking or animation on the head they’re making. Sometimes the less technical way is more charming, so, I humbly ask that you give us creators the option to allow for creating non-dynamic heads. at the very least add a system that can specify whether a head supports facial animation or not. it’s a simple solution.

15 Likes

As a workaround until this is fixed, could the heads have a bunch of hidden/invisible sections that move where they won’t affect the appearance? (Maybe a handful of polygons smushed inside the head, folding over eachother a bunch)
Or is the threshold tracked on pure appearance opposed to parts actually moving around to avoid stuff like that

1 Like

from what i’ve heard its based on visible movement… i’d have to test later tho

2 Likes