Allow Private Games to use Studio Beta Features

The Problem
As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to playtest games using studio beta features. Testing my game at every stage of development is in my opinion the most responsible way to develop. As soon as I implement something I would ideally be able to test it. I need a way to give players access to the game that relies on studio beta features. For now, all I can do is test internally and hope that the key features complete studio-beta before I get too far ahead.

The Goal
If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I can get vital early testing.

Proposed Solution
I’m not here to say all studio beta features should be instantly added to the main engine - obviously, that would be chaos. I am saying though that if technically viable, allowing private games (possibly with a concurrent player cap) could be a way to allow me to test during projects that will likely come out after the feature is fully released.

This entire solution would obviously be an opt-in situation, and it might even include a watermark/banner in-game that informs all players this uses an unstable beta version of Roblox.

4 Likes

Hey @CJ_Oyer! I’m just wondering, what are some beta features that are preventing your game from being tested and launched?

2 Likes

The current big one is the new skinned meshparts! They’re super cool and we’ve implemented them into our custom avatar system: https://twitter.com/Nightcycle_LLC/status/1303124591288737792

2 Likes