Allow teleporting in Roblox Studio

As a Roblox developer, it is currently impossible to test teleporting in Roblox Studio! TeleportService behavior is very hard to test and debug.

By allowing this behavior Roblox will enable teleporting as a feature and make it easier to build more expansive games.

36 Likes

They removed this because you had access to the Explorer, Command Bar, and Toolbox in late 2012, early 2013 when they first implemented this feature, making place stealing extremely trivial to pull off, not to mention exploits were rampant.

However, I agree with allowing teleporting inside of Studio, IF it’s a place within a game you own, or between two places you own (that could be in different games.)

7 Likes

Yup! I don’t expect it to work unless it’s a place in the game. I assume TeleportData doesn’t transfer past those places anyway.

4 Likes

We know! There is a lot of work we are doing that will enable this. No plans on doing this specifically at the moment.

7 Likes

Would you say this is in the backlog? That is, noted, and hopefully at some point, but not triaged?

1 Like

Yes, this is in the backlog.

5 Likes

Hi @nsgriff! Are there any updates to this, 4 years later?

My workflow is now directly blocked by a lack of this feature, because Roblox recently patched the ability to run multiple game clients on the same machine : `TeleportService:TeleportAsync()` fails if there are multiple clients running on the same machine (byfron issue)

1 Like

I think teleportservice should be locked in Studio, first of all, if both project are laggy it can make your pc slow, and it might take time to load both projects, and we aleready know if the teleportation was suceeded or not by the orange text output, but ye it makes more sense to implement a feature like that if youre talking about debugging like loading screens and crossover values

I feel that this could be added easier if a new studio client automatically opened when you teleport, closing out the old one. The new one would be in a playtest in the other place already, just like when you test multiple clients. You obviously wouldn’t be able to test teleporting to games you don’t own, in studio.

So? This applies to playing it normally anyway.

Yes, but for games where the main part of the game that needs to be debugged to improved is behind a teleport, this doesn’t really help.

It would be awesome if Roblox would just publish the game to its own servers, and then let you teleport/debug those servers remotely.

1 Like

Yeah, this would be really helpful too, but there could be issues if TeleportData is needed