Allow TL1 members to reply to topics in release-notes

This is similar to https://devforum.roblox.com/t/members-should-be-able-to-post-in-release-notes/1527753 however that topic is mainly refering to this being a configuration error in the category, which according to Roblox staff, doesn’t seem to be the case.

This topic is a follow-up to the following topic:

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to respond to topics in #updates:release-notes effectively as a TL1 member, currently replies are locked to regular and members cannot reply to topics created there. And since regular is unobtainable without manually being granted it by staff (which has proven to be a very difficult thing to have happen without being a ‘top developer’) it is effectively impossible to gain access. To add onto this, the #updates:release-notes category already has a slowmode enabled so moderation won’t be as much of an issue as it is in other #updates categories.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my experience using the forum because many features (or more often, the removal of features) only get mentioned in #updates:release-notes so I have to create a topic in #development-discussion to show my opinion on the detrimental impact of a feature being removed, etc. This also creates clutter for staff which have to search for these topics if they wish to get the full communities view of the impact.

9 Likes

I probably wouldn’t mind it. Release notes are not as publicized as announcements so maybe typical announcement spam won’t be as bad. Release notes are very slow moving as it is already.

1 Like

Hey @Abcreator we discussed this internally and decided to make this change. Thanks for requesting it!

We’ll keep this topic open for a while to collect feedback on any issues that come up.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.