Allow to clear the Roblox Player output log (and other improvements for Developer Console)

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to keep track of the Roblox Player log output while I’m debugging the game in Roblox Player (unfortunately, Studio doesn’t allow teleportation, so I need to test the game directly in the Player).

However, as the print commands I left in my script appear, the screen becomes cluttered, making it difficult to locate any specific item:

Just like in Studio, where I can press Ctrl+K to clear the output log, there could be something similar in Roblox Player, even if it was a command, something like clear or something like that.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because this will make it easy to follow the output log without major distractions.

30 Likes

Honestly, the developer console needs another major update, its got multiple bugs including:

• The Client/Server button positioning being inconsistent
  • Memory reporting being inconsistent (though that may be with Roblox itself)
  • The Command box doesn’t support multiple lines
  • Repeating messages dont get grouped
  • No table pretty printing (though you probs dont want that on the client)

It also needs a way to dump the console output to logs without the rest of the Roblox log file (since console output is written here)

16 Likes

You’re right.
There should also be an option to adjust the transparency of the log screen. It is useful in many cases, but in others, depending on the background, it becomes IMPOSSIBLE to distinguish what is written: