Allow to move Studio configurations between devices/accounts (cloud or config file)

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to redo all Studio settings on a second Studio installation, in another machine, using another account.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I’m currently forced to replicate all the original settings manually, one by one.

11 Likes

Check this out for temporary workaround

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/where-is-customize-shortcuts-file-located/803741

2 Likes

I think that it should be stored via json somewhere and that it should be drag and drop. Like how it is everywhere else. I kinda avoid studio unless I need it to run a place. Otherwise, it’s not really my concern. I see what you mean though. That’s what drove me far away.

This isn’t really user-friendly for most of Roblox’s creator base.

There should be some UX in Studio to help with exporting/importing it or choosing a configuration from another device.

1 Like

I just reset my computer, and I had to redownload Roblox. The only problem is that none of my studio settings saved, and I had no backup either. This means I had to manually go through all my settings to set them back to approximately what they were before.

This shouldn’t happen. Roblox studio requires to be connected to cloud to run anyway, so why are studio settings not saved to the cloud for my account? If I buy a laptop and want to install Roblox studio, I should have seamless integration between desktop and laptop, and everything should pretty much look exactly the same with close to zero intervention.

Script editor colour settings are especially important, so why are they not saved to the cloud? It takes a lot of effort to set them back to the correct colours, and especially if you’re like me and you reset your computer (or your hard drive becomes corrupted) without making a backup, you don’t want to lose settings forever.

13 Likes